Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gold

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.



Robert Frost



I love Saturdays and not for the obvious don’t-have-to-work reason because I am working. I love Saturdays because I get to see the beautiful gold light that streams through my living room the first hour of the morning. Gorgeous. I love it because Duc and I stay in our jammies and hang out. I love the rhythm. I like baking and relaxing and feeding my child with food that I have made.


IMG_9627

IMG_9636

(I love the way you can see the light actually streaming across)

2 comments:

Michele November 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

I know what you mean. In our new house, by the way it is situated on our lot, we get the most beautiful morning sun in the front windows. I love it and I know that once the blahs of winter arrive, it will help keep my spirits from getting snowed under.

Kelli November 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

Great shots- I love the light and the bed head :)!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP