Sunday, February 19, 2012

It’s what’s for lunch

I made it two full weeks on the same grocery cart of groceries and aside from a few lunches in my employer’s café we ate all our meals at home. I still have a few soups that I didn’t get around to making, but I’ll be honest, some days I don’t feel much like cooking. So, I fell back on some old favoritesSmile



Grilled cheese!



Growing up I watched my mom butter both sides of the bread before putting it in the pan. Since I’ve been experimenting more in the kitchen lately I decided to mix it up a bit.



I melt a little bit of butter in a pan and throw freshly sliced bread (slightly stale bread is even more awesome) in the butter. I’ve found that I actually use less butter using this method.

IMG_0016

Sorry for the high contrast…most of my kitchen is white, especially the stove!



I’m looking forward to summer when I can add some fresh-from-the-garden basil and tomatoes to the mozzarella. My own caprese sandwich, if you will.

IMG_0013

This is the finished product, and yes, that is Duc behind the sandwich protecting it. I think he was afraid I was going to steal it!

3 comments:

Kelli February 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

I'd steal that sandwich, Duc! I LOVE cheese...just saw a recipe for grilled cheese made on hollowed out foccacia bread. Now I really want to try it!

Tracy - www.myminivanrocks.com February 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM  

Don't mess with a man's grilled cheese!

Nicole March 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

That looks yum!

I was searching around for single parent adoption blogs (I'm still a cpl years from starting the process), hope you don't mind of I read along for a bit!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP