Friday, October 23, 2009

Life Is Good

180

The picture says it all.



Sometimes the stress of the daily grind overwhelms to the point that I fail to recognize the severity of its impact. Some days my head feels light and my stomach feels tight and the only good time of my day is the time I spend with my son.



So, Duc and I enjoyed our first family vacation in the Smoky Mountains. I didn’t have internet access while I was there and I rarely had cellular service which is why I opted to turn off my phone on our second day. To be honest, this was a very good thing even if I will be catching up on emails for weeks. The last time I had the opportunity to spend this much quality time with my son was when I was still on maternity leave and that was over six months ago!



So we stopped time, left town and enjoyed each other. Enjoyed being with my sister and her family, my parents. Enjoyed being away from bills and work and reality.



Ah, life is good. And now we are back feeling semi-rested (Duc does not sleep well away from home) after relaxing for a week.

Smoky Mnts 2009 034 219

Smoky Mnts 2009 103 See you next year mountains!

7 comments:

Kate October 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Gorgeous photos, Erica. Glad you had a good time!

Kristen October 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

So glad you were able to get away, and had a good time! Love the pictures!!!!
K

Kelli October 24, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Glad you had a great trip!

Michele October 25, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Such beautiful sites surely are very serene.

kitchu October 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

glad you were able to enjoy some time away... :O) i am counting down the hours until i return to work and dreading going back!!

Snowflowers Mum October 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

beautiful!

The Baxter Family November 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Beautiful pictures!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP