Thursday, April 15, 2010

I’ll be back soon…promise

I’ll be back soon, I swear. I made myself promise not to blog or hang out on the internet until I completed my taxes and I finally did…two days ago. I have never waited until the week taxes were due and honestly, I don’t have a good excuse. I’m still able to claim his adoption expenses so I am getting a nice return and I could really use the money. My fridge is leaking water all over the floor and I pray I don’t have damage to my flooring.


I just couldn’t make myself do my taxes. I am tired of paperwork. I am tired of 171s and updating home studies. I’m tired of re-adoption paperwork and tired of shuffling paper at work. There is a part of my brain that wants to escape. Grab the Duc and just go somewhere without even packing a bag. I want an adventure. I want to live off the grid. I want to spend every waking moment with my growing little man. I want to stand on a beach at sunset, just the two of us, and feel the sun on my face and watch the wind muss my son’s hair.



I want a break.

3 comments:

rachel April 15, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

I haven't done our taxes, either, and it's the first year ever we've waited this long. And, in fact, we went to do them last night and found out that we had an extension until May 11th, so guess what we didn't do yesterday?

I hope you get your adventure and escape.

Kelli April 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

You SO deserve a break! Hope it comes soon.

Michele April 18, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

I know exactly how you feel.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP