Sunday, June 20, 2010

Life is Good

It’s been a fun week. I had a little time off and I treated it like a summer vacation.



Here are the highlights:

IMG_5406 My very first roller derby! Seriously, roller derby is alive and well and I finally saw a match (game???) and it totally rocked! Usually there are two matches, but this night there was only one so the additional team members were in the audience. One of them sat next to me and explained everything and now I can’t wait to see the next one!



There was a picnic at one of the local lakes with Michael:

IMG_5438 copy The stinker ate a whole container of strawberries by himself. IMG_5444 copy Michael taught him all about cutting up sausages. I’m not sure that was actually a good idea.



My garden:

IMG_5450

IMG_5452

Anyone know what to do with eaten up green beans? I notice the leaves have a number of holes in them. I didn’t notice it on any of my other plants.



I think many of you reading are probably friends with me on FB so you have heard that Duc has had all his wheeled toys taken away (and books, tractors, trains, blocks or anything he throws at me or hits me with). But he is still a boy at heart and all he wants are his cars and choo choo trains. This is how desperate he has become—he’s treating the buns as trains . I do have a heart though. I gave him back his favorite tractor today (a very small one). Within two minutes I took it back after he threw it at me. The reason I am so strict with this? On Monday he nailed me and gave me yet another black eye. Even though the bruise is fading it is extremely painful and I think he cracked the orbital bone around my eye.

IMG_5721

I am super psyched about the next two things…

IMG_5732 My dad and I built this bench together on Thursday evening. I was/am so excited! I still need to sand, paint, attach the wheels and place the baskets in the cubbies, but wow, so cool! We had so much fun working on this together and we are planning other projects. I emailed tonight was another suggestion and now I am FULL of ideas. IMG_5730

And last, but certainly not least I did a photo session with Kelli and Aiden and I am so excited about the images. I had a lot of fun with them but oh my goodness was it hot! Heat index was 105* and ya’ll know I don’t like heat. We were saved by a breeze and a towel. Thankfully kids never seem to feel the heat and Aiden & Kelli were true troopers. I plan on posting the photos in the next couple of days on my photography website, but here is a sneak peek for Kelli.

IMG_5487 copy2

IMG_5499 copy I am in love with this photo. Kelli had mentioned that this “is so Aiden” so I am glad I was able to capture it. Why, you ask is he squatting on a rock and looking at the water? Fish, people, HUGE fish. You can see them to the left of his arm. They had little brownish fish and huge koi.

4 comments:

Kelli June 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

First, so glad I stayed up late tonight! I had other things to say about the rest of the post but I honestly started crying as soon as I saw that last picture. It is SO Aiden and I LOVE it. Thanks for posting those!

Christine @ 12,450miles June 21, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

The title of this post made me so happy! Glad life is good for you. I know it's been a tough go for you, so this post made my morning! There's so much I want to comment on, but I have a boy here who is all done with mama on the computer so, quickly:
• I've always wanted to see a roller derby! Jealous!
• S has lost all of his trucks as well. He is in the process of earning them back. Not fun. In the interim, my shoes are trucks in his world.
• LOVE the bench! I am so impressed!!!
• LOVE the shots of K&A... LOVE. And then Kelli's comment?! LOVE!

a Tonggu Momma June 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Oh, man, I am so sorry about your eye. The Tongginator used to throw things at me as well. I would take away anything she threw and place it in a clear plastic bin, up high, so that she could see it, but not reach it. Because I? Am mean. It worked though... my little Tongginator would work really, really hard to earn her toys back.

Michele July 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

Another black eye? Ugh for you. The trains and cars love will be forever but I hope he learns quickly to not throw them at you.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP