Monday, July 5, 2010

Randomness in Photos

I have a lot to say, but no energy to say it. I’m trying to clean house and get rid of stuff, an endless story, ya know?



I love that some of the things I am teaching my son are actually sinking through. Like taking a few minutes everyday to sit and enjoy living in the moment. For us that usually means sitting on the stoop in front of the house for a few minutes each night no matter how hot (makes us appreciate the a/c more, eh?). Enjoying a glass of lemonade in a frosted glass. Watching the bunnies and listening to the birds and crickets.



And now for a random smattering of photos:

IMG_5734 bw

IMG_5737 copy I recently purchased an external flash for my camera (after this picture was taken, obviously). I’ve been curious about external lighting and portrait lighting for a while. I just received it a few days ago so I haven’t had a chance to really play with it much, but I am hoping to get rid of facial shadows like you see in this picture. I still love the picture though:) It’s just so Duc. He LOVES his Oma and wallors all over her.

IMG_5744

IMG_5763 I love this photo. He’s so serious here (which isn’t like him), but I love the expression, the sun, the water dripping down his face. I can almost smell the sun on his skin in this photo. Ahhhhh…..summer.

IMG_5768 A toddler bouquet. Not so bad from a 2 and almost 5 year-old.

IMG_5802 copy And this is the impact my dad has on my son. This is the “Opa face” because this is how they BOTH look when they are around each other. The bad things they teach each other…



And with an external flash….

IMG_5952 I just love how crisp the color is when using the external flash. You will definitely be seeing a few more “flash” photos in the coming posts. A girl has to practice, right?

4 comments:

Michele July 6, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

I am always blown away by your photography. And your adorable subject just makes them more enjoyable.

Christine @ 12,450miles July 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Oh, I've been saving up for an external flash... So i am really jealous right now! You have some fabulous shots in here. Fab.u.lous.

And, we're in that same "clean stuff out" phase here... Where did it all come from?!

kitchu July 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

glad you got your flash! i love mine because it often creates the 'look' of natural lighting...

have fun!

Kelli July 7, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Oooh- great shot with the external flash. Love the pics of Duc with his Oma. And the Opa face? Looks just like the Papa face I see around here!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP