Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chance

CHANCE


I don’t believe in the fortunes found in Chinese cookies, but you will still find them all over my house. Inspiration, at times, in a slip of paper. This one is wedged in the medicine cabinet in my master bathroom. I see it every morning when I wash my face and brush my teeth and it is the last thing I see before I go to bed. Sometimes in my rush I gloss over it. And over time it has a way of slipping into the background the way wallpaper does. But I notice when it is missing.



This reminds me to live in this moment. That every moment I have a choice. Turn left or right. Maybe even go back. Stillness is as much a choice as motion.



it is a reminder that my life is not yet set. I am still living and my circumstances don’t cage the desires of my heart and the choices it makes.



It is a reminder that amazing and beautiful things come from choices—and chances—sometimes I see exactly what I want and other times I see exactly what I need to see.



It is a reminder that every once in a while I need to have faith, take a step, however small, and take a chance.

5 comments:

Michele November 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Very beautiful words. Thank you for sharing this.

a Tonggu Momma November 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Beautiful. And I still have one from years ago, taped to my bathroom mirror. I received it the month we received our referral for the Tongginator. It reads "you will receive good news from a place far away."

kitchu November 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

erica this spoke VOLUMES to me today. volumes. you've no idea.

what an incredible message to wake up to and ponder before sleep finds you.

Kelli November 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

The only one I've held onto is the one I got when I wa waiting for Aiden's referral- "you will make a difference in the life of a child". Love the fortune you shared.

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

though fairly young in the scheme of things, I have SUCH a strong desire to adopt. and with the realization I may never get married, I'm working through my feelings toward adopting as a single woman. your blog is inspirational, and your photos are beautiful. I'll be following it closely from here on!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP