Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Morning Traditions

Apparently we’ve been sick.  I say apparently because I thought we were sick, but then we got sicker and I felt like those earlier times were the good ‘ole days.  We are both on antibiotics now (first time we’ve ever been on them at the same time) and we are finally feeling better.  There were so many things I wanted to post about that I was never able to sit down and type up my thoughts.  Too tired, too sick, little one sleeping in the crook of my arm or nestled into my armpit.  Not a whole lot of “me” time.

Today we were able to return to some traditions.  I love traditions and I look forward to implementing more as Duc gets older and as we (hopefully) gain a sister. 

008

012 Bringing blankey into the kitchen while he waits for the pancakes to cook.

017 This would be one of his begging expressions.

041 So, so close. 

045 copy Success!  Did I mention that Duc loves to dip his food?  I figured this out when we were on vacation last month and he dipped a corn dog in chocolate pudding!  So, so gross.  At least applesauce is healthy.

052 Happy boy.

055 copy Yum.

056 copy This would be the charming new talent that Opa taught him on vacation.  “See food!”  He mushes it up and then tries to stick his tongue out with the food still sticking.  Somedays he is more successful than others.    

5 comments:

Jennifer's Family November 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Wow, a sister. Exciting!

jennifer g
www.thisisnow.org

Kelli November 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Aiden's a dipper too. It's rather gross sometimes. And aren't opas, papas great? They teach our boys the BEST things :D! Can't wait to see you guys!

kitchu November 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

god is he the cutest mess or what?!

Michele November 18, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

So cute no matter how messy he is.

Traditions are the wonderful memories that bring joy to your heart when you are grown. The more the better.

I'm glad both of you are starting to feel better.

Michele November 18, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

So cute no matter how messy he is.

Traditions are the wonderful memories that bring joy to your heart when you are grown. The more the better.

I'm glad both of you are starting to feel better.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP