Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

I have so many reasons to be thankful this year. Two years ago I had just begun the dossier prep once again and the process was even more arduous than the previous year. Last year, I had a referral for a BIG, beautiful boy and I had finally hit the point where I was miserable from waiting. I was rather patient, really I was. I didn’t stress over it until I learned that our travel was being pushed out and they weren’t sure when we would travel. At that point (around Thanksgiving) I was quite miserable so this Thanksgiving feels remarkably blessed. So, I thought I would spell out what I am thankful for.



A-adoption. Do I need to say more?



B-Becky Fawcett from HelpUsAdopt.org for all she did to make this year so memorable. She gave us a sizeable grant that helped create our family and chose us to tell our story nationally on The Today Show. (see the media tab above if interested in watching our video).



C-Canon. Yep, I love ‘em.



D-Duc. What did you think I was going to write?



E-Early bed times



F-Friends and Family. Thank God.



G-Good times.



H-Health. I love the times that we are healthy and long for it when we aren’t.



I-Icky hands. Seriously, it is gross, but I love it when he reaches for me with food covered fingers.



J-Jerri. AKA Aunt Jerri.



K-Kristen and Catherine for giving us extended family that get it. They truly do.



L-Love



M-My mother.



N-Nap time. For both of us.



O-Oh no! I love it when I hear those words out of his mouth.



P-Pancakes. Honestly, this kid can put them away.



Q-Quiet time. We both need it from time to time.



R-Running naked. Not me. Him. There is a pure joy when he scurries away from me sans diaper and runs shrieking with joy down the hallway with his arms up like you would see among runners crossing the finish line.



S-Spring Rolls. I ate way too many for T-day



T-Time. I cherish the moments we spend together.



U-Unbelievable moments.



V-Vietnam. Forever.



W-Wa-wa. I love to listen to my son ask for water. It makes my heart smile.



X-XOXO



Y-YMCA. I don’t get to visit as often as I want, but when I do I enjoy it and enjoy playing b-ball with my boy.



Z-Zoo time.



And now for some Thanksgiving Day photos!

IMG_0501 These are bar chairs. I have to hike myself up to get up on them and yet he will pull himself all the way up in no time at all.

IMG_0523 copy1

IMG_0543 copy

IMG_0565 Oh my, I ate way too many spring rolls. Thankfully they are healthy.

IMG_0632 copy

IMG_0597

7 comments:

Michele November 28, 2009 at 6:34 AM  

The list is pricesless as are the photos, as usual. I'm glad that this Thanksgiving is so much happier for ar.you than last ye

Michele November 28, 2009 at 6:34 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
kitchu November 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

so many wonderful people and things to be thankful for!

Angie December 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Your pics are amazing Erica!

Snowflowers Mum December 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

what fantastic photos! and what a great list!

Michelle December 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

I had to come check out Duc...he's so adorable! And your photos are fantastic. :)

~ Boo Boo

Kelli December 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

So I seriously missed this post...love it! We do have a lot to be thankful for!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP