Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birthday Week (in review)

Last week The Duc had his first haircut.  It was close to the hospital where my sister and newest niece and it seemed crazy to pass up a stop at Cookie Cutters since we don’t have anything like that near home.

~Before~001

           ~After~ 034_edited-1

Let’s just say it was traumatic for both of us.  He cried hysterically and grabbed for me.  My only complaint is that she whacked off his sideburns at the ear, but she didn’t realize the boy actually has sideburns so she needed to get the clippers out on him.  That time I did have to hold him.  He does look cute, no?Duc's 1st Birthday 029_edited-1Sharing his birthday with Uncle Mike.  

 Duc's 1st Birthday 050  

The ugliest cake ever, ever.  But we had so much fun with it.  Duc's 1st Birthday 095_edited-1

It’s not a good party unless your guests get naked and soak in the tub, right?  Yeah, he definitely got soaked…and bathed.  And believe it or not, the dye actually came out of his clothes and bib.  And showed up in his poop.  Yep, bright green poop.Duc's 1st Birthday 116_edited-1What a cute, big boy he is in his new jammies!

I’ll try to post more photos and write more in the next few days—it’s been crazy busy around here and we have been having so much fun with all our friends and family!  We’ll have a really good weekend and I’ll think they don’t get any better than that and then they do!  This weekend rocked!

3 comments:

Anonymous May 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

I love the haircut, but I can't believe how different he looks!

Happy Birthday to The Duc!

The Baxter Family May 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Happy Birthday, Duc! It looks like it was a great day. Sharp new haircut, too. :-)

Unknown June 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

It may be my emotions, but that first picture with the tear in his eye made me weepy. But the rest of the pics cheered me right back up. His new haircut is just toooooo cute. Love the birthday cake too.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP