Sunday, May 10, 2009

The first one…

Yes, I enjoyed my first mother’s day, but not because my family took me out to eat (‘cause they didn’t) or got a flower from church (also a negatory).

Firstly, I am so thankful to have my son.  I look back to a year ago this time and it was a completely different situation.  What a wonderful difference a year makes!

Secondly, Duc let me sleep in, I got to eat breakfast by myself (yummy sunny side up eggs and toast!), I showered by myself, and I took a nap.  And, yes, Duc was with me all day.  That was his gift to me—thank God—I am exhausted. 

Mother's Day 2009 001_edited-1 My first gift from Duc (with some help from daycare). Mother's Day 2009 003_edited-1 Mother's Day 2009 004_edited-1 Mother's Day 2009 005_edited-1

Yeah, I think I’ll keep this one.

6 comments:

Laura May 10, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Happy Mother's Day! So nice of Duc to think of you like that. What a sweetie! Hope you're feeling better.

The Baxter Family May 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Yes, definitely a keeper.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Kelli May 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Happy Mother's day...I'm always a day late and a dollar short! He is definitely a keeper!

Unknown May 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM  

Happy first mother's day!!!! I love the bag. That is sooo cute.

Kate May 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

Happy (belated) First Mother's Day! Sorry I've been M.I.A. I'm so out of the loop and need to catch up with my bloggy peeps. Sorry you've been so sick. Hope you're feeling better.

kitchu May 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

i can't wait...

happy mom's day :O)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP