Wednesday, July 14, 2010

hello stranger

IMG_6176

This is straight out of camera because I am trying to back up all my photographs to external drives, discs and an online back-up server also. Nervous much? Yeah. So I am giving Photoshop a rest to night.



I’ve written about this previously, but since Duc entered my life I have really let myself go. Actually I can’t blame it on him—once I started the process to adopt him I began to let myself go. Like every good PAP I was too busy obsessively checking email and internet to go to the gym regularly. And eating? Yeah, I stress ate from Spring until the day I traveled. And I continued to do that even after we returned home. I was complaining to a friend the other day telling her I didn’t feel girly anymore. So, subtle steps. I wore lipstick to work every day for a week. Even bright red. I painted my toenails for the first time since late 2007 (and, as you can see, I can’t color within the lines). I even grew my fingernails out since I am no longer playing the violin. I forgot how hard it was to take my contacts out with long nails or wash dishes. And how the heck does one text with long nails?



The other night when I rolled over I aggravated a groin injury I sustained when Duc suddenly jumped on my knee while I was sitting cross legged. I rolled around in pain and I realized how stupid it all was. It is time for me to improve my health again. Duc and I are finally at a good place again and it is time for mama to venture away and take care of herself. Say a prayer that he feels the same way!

3 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles July 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Good luck! I've slowly but surely been taking some of the same steps when I can... it's hard, but so rewarding!

Special K July 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

I wonder how to balance it all, too. I have a single friend with a daughter from Guatemala. She's in the gym at least 3 times a week. But that means picking her daughter up from daycare and then putting her in the gym daycare. I just can't do it.

So I've decided at least until Mia's been home for a year or two... any physical activity will have to be WITH her. I'm planning to buy a jogging stroller and that cool attach your kid to the bike thing that Doris had on her blog.

Good luck with it all. I understand the "let yourself go during the wait" syndrome. I have a very bad case of it myself. LOL!

Kelli July 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

It is hard to get back in the swing of things. I stress ate right along with you from Spring of 08 to December 08....and beyond. But since i have been working out (at home, with my wii fit when Aiden is sleeping) I do feel better. It took freaking 7 months to lose 16 pounds but I can run and jump and play with Aiden and not feel out of breath and exhausted afterwards. Good luck!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP