Sunday, July 19, 2009

Firsts

First Kiss

FTIA Reunion and Kris 035_edited-1 copy Yesterday was my China agency’s annual picnic and although I still haven’t completed that adoption, Kris and I decided to make a day of it and see all the other families. I was at the registration table gathering our papers and I looked over and saw him in his first boy-girl lips-on-lips kiss with this little angel. Absolutely beautiful and just as spirited as my little man.


First Tattoo

FTIA Reunion and Kris 046_edited-1 First Lollipop

FTIA Reunion and Kris 018_edited-2First Butterfly (ok, this is more about me at this point)FTIA Reunion and Kris 040_edited-1 First time I ever asked a stranger if I could take her pictureFTIA Reunion and Kris 049_edited-1 copy I can not even tell you how much I love this photo. Because I didn’t want to look like a crazy woman I didn’t really have more than a second to adjust my aperture or shutter speed, but I still like it. I like it almost as much as the next photo…

Favorite photo of Auntie Krissy and Cousin CatherineFTIA Reunion and Kris 108_edited-2 copyYou can tell Catherine doesn’t feel very well, but I just love the comforting embrace that they are sharing. Kris and I started our journeys to our kids several years ago at nearly the same time. Although our path diverged somewhat last year, we were both able to bring home a child at nearly the same time. It’s been an amazing journey from single friends to single moms and I am so glad we met each other when we did.

4 comments:

kitchu July 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

I'm betting that mom is going to hire you :O)

all the photos are beautiful. do you use a certain program? i don't have any, it bites (well, except for i-photo but it can't do much of ANYTHING)!

Kate July 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

Great shots!!!

Kelli July 21, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Ah, the picnic I was going to crashed- I didn't leave town, totally should have gone. Maybe next year. Love these pictures!!!

Laurie July 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Oh man, I LOVE that tough kid photo with his leather jacket and tattoo. SO CUTE!! Watch out girls...speaking of, he picked a cutie!!
Great pictures Erica!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP