Friday, July 24, 2009

Jealousy

Is it wrong that I feel slightly jealous when I drop Duc off at daycare and he lays his head on her shoulder until I walk out the door?  Well, I do.  He’s such a flirt and he loves to flash his dimples and eyelashes at every cute blond or cute Asian chic he sees.  I am neither, in case you didn’t know.  He makes his preferences pretty known—a brunette who wants to hold him, he will ignore but a blonde that hates kids?  Yeah, that’s the one he wants.  And somehow, he makes even the toughest woman crack a smile.  He’s just that good.FTIA Reunion and Kris 065_edited-2 copy

Thank you for all your wonderful comments about my photos.  Really, I appreciate hearing the feedback and knowing when I am doing well.  I’ve reached the point where I have actually outgrown my camera.  It’s kind of bittersweet, really.  It’s sweet because I have finally reached my limits and I recognize that there are some pictures that I just can’t take due to my limited shutter speed and ISO.  Understanding why you need to upgrade is very different than just wanting to upgrade…or so I have been told.  But it is sad because I have learned so much from my camera and now I need to spend a little more money in order to grow.  Fortunately, I should be able to trade it in and since my camera is only a few months old (and there isn’t a mark on it.  I tell Duc that I love him, but I love my other baby also so he isn’t allowed to touch it) I should get a really good trade out of it.  FTIA Reunion and Kris 080_edited-1 copy

This is Duc’s new “up” gesture.  I think it makes him look like one of the zombies from MJ’s Thriller video.  Either way, it’s usually pretty effective since he usually is chasing after me when I see it.

4 comments:

Kate July 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

I hear you on growing out of your camera. I'm upgrading in the next month or so...but selfishly keeping my old one as back-up.

The the zombie pic! So cute!

Kelli July 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I would be TOTALLY jealous!

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

What are you switching from/to? Inquiring minds need to know! :)

kitchu July 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I grew out of my plain ole XT and still prefer it over my 50D. It's like an old friend. I can't give that camera up. It was my first digital SLR and I still get it out every now an then. I know it and it knows me and it still takes the best damn pics.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP