Saturday, July 18, 2009

Love and Healing

069

It’s been an incredibly difficult week.  Some of you know why and some of you don’t and for now that’s enough.  I just need to put some time and space between this week and my heart.  Duc’s Uncle Mike has also been going through some things so we decided to enjoy the low 70* weather and head to the beach for some sun and fun and food.  It did my heart good to see my two favorite guys playing and having fun.  Michael is also very interested in photography so we switched off taking the photos.

145194_edited-1 copyDuc is a very aggressive kisser which is why my face looks a little tight in this photo.  That, and lately those kisses have involved teeth.  And, yes, he did bite my cheek a bit in all of his excitement.

216First bite of s’mores.  After the first bite he started fighting me for mine.   It wasn’t pretty.

It was a very good day and I am so thankful.   

4 comments:

Laura July 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

I'm so sorry, Erica. I fogot to mention in my email that you're in my prayers. Obviously, but I wanted you to know. So glad you had a good day today. I love the photo of you and Duc. It's beautiful. (Matty's an "aggressive kisser," too. Love that description.) Hang in there and take the time you need to heal.

kitchu July 18, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

I'm not sure what it was in this, but I'm sitting here with tears just streaming down my face. Knowing your healing heart and how it hurts, knowing the joy of those bite kisses I've yet to feel, longing for them in my own life, knowing that there will be more moments when you'll pause and look out at only you know what, and breathe in, wondering -

I hold you in my prayers.

Kelli July 18, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

You are in my prayers. I love the picture of you and Duc. My heart hurts for you....yet I know this journey isn't over. Take time to heal and take care of yourself.

Anonymous July 24, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

I love the pic of uncle mike's leg and duc in the water. Love it.
oma

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP