Wednesday, February 17, 2010

02.17.10

At least once or twice a week Duc wakes up sometime between 9:30-11 pm.  He could settle himself back to sleep, but I always wait for the sound of his stirring.  I can’t wait to rush in and swoop my baby up.  He greets me usually sitting up, but with his eyes closed and arms outstretched knowing to expect mama will come to comfort him.  I pick him up and he settles in against my neck and chest.  Swaying quietly in the dark I relish these moments when my baby is quiet and wants to cuddle.  Standing there tonight I noticed how long his body stretched against mine.  Even when his head was against my shoulder his legs swung halfway down my own.  My baby is getting big and I’m holding on to each possible second with him that I can.  I’m going to be sad when he no longer wakes up and needs his mama.  I’m going to hate it when he no longer grabs a book and plops into my lap while I sit legs crossed on the floor.  I’m going to miss peek-a-boo and the high-pitched giggle he releases when a belly laugh rolls up from his toes and out through the top of his thrown-back head.  Yeah, I love these moments.  I want to take a week off and stay up all night just watching him sleep. 

5 comments:

Michele February 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

I know what you mean. I love to watch my little guy sleep.

kitchu February 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

i second that. completely.

Kelli February 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

And I third that!

Shea February 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Cherish those moments! I especially love those cuddles after a long, hard day. Having a little one to hold is good for the soul, isn't it?

Christine @ 12,450miles February 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

This is such a sweet, sweet post!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP