Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Midnight

IMG_3144 copy

I’m trying to grab my camera more, even if it is late at night:)



Duc is sick. Actually, he is still sick. He hasn’t really improved since nearly 4 weeks ago and I hate to keep dragging him to the doctor just to be told it is “viral”. It’s not viral and I suspect he has bronchitis. The coughing…oh, the coughing. I’m amazed he keeps his food down at all.



Something about Wednesday makes me very tired. Work has been tough, really tough. Long days and some challenging personality types. I have someone who keeps trying to rub my face in what she suspects are mistakes. I’ve been able to hit back with proof that I’m not negligent and highlight her own ignorance of the facts. I’m always pleasant, but I usually try to be nice to everyone. I pulled the gloves off today so she (and others) could see that I wasn’t going to be forced into a corner and I DO KNOW exactly what I am talking about. I hate that I have to waste so much energy defending myself and my work instead of actually focusing on what we can do to make our product better. Yucky yahoos (I’m trying to not curse in front of Duc so yahoo is my new word for a-hole and yes I know it makes me sound like an 80 year-old man cursing).

IMG_3142 copy These photos were taken without flash with only the light of my bathroom light. I blew out my ISO (not totally maxed out for the camera) so the photos are a bit grainy. I actually like a little grain though:)



Not much to say tonight. I’m pooped. I’ve sat and watched TV the last two nights after putting Duc to bed and I am so thankful for brainless TV. It distracts me from my messy kitchen.

6 comments:

a Tonggu Momma February 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Oh, I hope y'all feel better soon! And I get bronchitis all the time. It stinks. Poor little Duc.

Ange February 4, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

I hope Duc is feeling better soon! and I hope you have some better work days ahead.

Christine @ 12,450miles February 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Sorry Duc is sick!!

You've completely inspired me to try this (ISO) as opposed to flicking on the flash... I love the look of both of these.

Michele February 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

The doc needs to do something different to get Duc better. This has dragged on way too long. I'm sorry that your collegues don't trust your work but sometimes you have to just stick up for yourself. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Kate February 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Poor, sweet baby boy! Feel better soon, Duc.

Anonymous February 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

lovely, i just made even more new emo backgrounds 2 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP