Thursday, April 17, 2008

As rumors go...

We've all seen 'em...those lovely forwarded emails that have just enough truth to sound legit, but then you wonder...will Bill Gates actually send me $200 if I forward this email to ten of my nearest and dearest?  Yeah, so the most recent rumor had me a bit flummoxed.  I've had several reputable sources refute it now, but I'm still feeling a bit edgy.  I'm so close at this point that it is making me nervous.  So, I called my agency today.  And called and called and called.  This is after I emailed on three separate occasions over the last 2 weeks.  Nothing.  If they don't want to talk, they are very good about not talking.  That's very frustrating to me because I am in the process of submitting grants and many of them request a letter on official agency letterhead verifying that I am indeed adopting.  I guess the dropping $$ level in my accounts isn't proof enough.  Anyway, I still have no idea where my dossier is.  I was told it should have been back from SF within 2 weeks and that was several days ago, but no news yet.  I would feel so much better about things if I was logged in.

So, I'm feeling the stress today and then I check my email.  This is part of the email my Mom sent:

I will be so excited when we finally have our asian grandkids. Dad really wants a grandson. He already has plans for fishing with Duc.

Awww...thanks you guys!  It kind of keeps the dream alive, you know?  Last night Michael and I got a pizza and went to the park.  It was a beautiful afternoon/evening and there were a ton of kids there.  I'm looking forward to the day when my kids are here and we can all go to the park together.  I'll show them how to fly a kite, Michael will teach them to climb trees, my mom will show them how to swim (there is also a pool on site) and a co-worker has already mentioned that she wants to teach them how to ride a horse.  I wish I'd had it that good when I was a kid:-) 

1 comments:

Kelli April 17, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

Thank goodness for Moms keeping our dreams alive! Keep calling- like 3 or 4 times in succession- that is how I have gotten through! Makes me sound like some kind of stalker!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP