Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hope Springs

I just want to thank all of you that have left hope filled comments or sent me emails to encourage me during this time.  You truly have made all the difference. 

Because I have not shared news of my adoption with anyone outside of family and a few friends, it is hard when challenges arise.  I suffer quietly because I didn't let anyone in one the joyous part (and more will be coming soon!) and I certainly don't want to suddenly involve them when things get difficult.  When I struggle, I struggle alone.  I don't ask for help.  I've always been private, but even more so with things that are close to my heart.   

Today at work, I shared the news with my dear former office mate Terri.  She has a heart like few others and I often joke that people can not be mean to her because she always has sunshine coming out her a**!  Even after I shared the news, she focused me and reminded me once again that people must have hope, life isn't as full without it.

Tonight when I got home there were emails and comments from many different people encouraging me to have hope and keep the faith and with each message, I felt my spirit lift like a re-inflated balloon.  It was amazing.  Although I had planned to mow my grass, my good friends Michael and Kristen called and kept me laughing past sunset. 

As Heather and Kelli reminded me, hope is a wonderful and beautiful thing.   Thanks for watering mine. 

sprout1

4 comments:

Kate April 30, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

Someone told me the other day...

Hold on and have HOPE-a spiritual principle that is often overlooked between - FAITH....and ...LOVE!

Keep a faithful heart! Much Love.

Kelli April 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

Hope and faith are all we've got right now. And of course, the support of our wonderful blog buddies!

Anonymous April 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM  

i just get this feeling that Haven will be one of the last referrals from vietnam
but hold on, things will turn out in the end

Anonymous May 1, 2008 at 3:37 AM  

Erica, I've been thinking of you frequently lately. I'm sorry I haven't stopped by to comment. I've been slightly "checked out" for the past five days. Hang onto your hope! I know you're in limbo right now, but I feel like there's a bright light at the end of this. You're in my thoughts.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP