Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Comfort

Comfort has been very important lately.  Last night the husband and son of a dear friend went missing.  All kinds of ugly things went through my mind.  None of it good and I felt sick with worry as I waited unable to do anything.  Thank GOD they were finally found.  Because they were last seen at a lake my mind went to a very ugly place.  This isn’t the only things going on, but it has certainly contributed to my stress levels recently.  I’ve always been very empathetic, but since Duc entered my life I feel an entirely new level of panic every time I hear of something horrible happening to a child.  So, comfort and comfort food have been very important.  Since some of the happiest times of my life occurred in Vietnam, I am recreating some of that at home.  In my new kitchen. 

118_edited-1 

It doesn’t seem logical, but my pho tastes every bit as good as what I had in Vietnam.  I was quite surprised mine tasted so authentic.  And how much do you love star seed anise?  I just love the smell of them.  Ahhhh….like licorice. 

113_edited-1

4 comments:

Kelli August 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

I was going to email you about getting together in September. Can i invite myself over for pho?

Anonymous August 22, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

I love the pictures.
oma

Michelle August 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

I love everything about anise, including its shape. I'm going to need to have you teach me how to take photos AND make pho now.

Laura August 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

I became very empathetic in the same way after I became a mom. Funny how that happens. I'm glad your friend's husband and son were okay. LOVE star anise. Ed always puts it in pho and it makes me happy.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP