Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favorite things

I owe you all a big thank you for your support. I have appreciated hearing your personal stories about the children you have loved and lost. I feel like a failure and I feel like I failed her. I know I made the right decision for our family, but it didn’t make the decision any easier. As time goes on I will probably share more, but for now it is still a little too painful. Even finding an old email with her photo reduced me to tears the other day.



So, I am devoting this post to a few of my favorite things. Duc and I are finally feeling better and we have been getting out more. Michael and I checked out our dream cameras this weekend and I am in heaven. And a little bit of hell since I need $1K to renew all my China paperwork (how about that for salt in a wound, eh?). Obviously I’d rather use that money to upgrade and/or save for another lens. I have a baby photo shoot next week so I am pretty psyched. She has the biggest blue eyes and I can NOT wait to photograph her. Also, she is a very chubby baby! I love chub. Duc doesn’t have chub—he has muscles.

004_edited-1He does the Vietnamese squat constantly. LOVE it!

006_edited-1No matter where I go in the hospital people call me “Trouble”. Well, all it takes is one look to see that Duc is trouble with a capital T. This boy (and his yogurt) make me giggle.

080_edited-1My dad and the Duc. I love to see my boys together.



Every time Duc sees Oma there seems to involve a haircut…104_edited-1 How sad does he look getting his hair cut?

095_edited-1

2 comments:

Anonymous August 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I love the idea of a haircut on the fly.
Cute pictures Erica.

kitchu August 20, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

his smile might have healed my heart :)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP