Friday, August 7, 2009

MIA (how do single moms stay healthy when the kiddos are sick?)

The only thing worse than having a sick child is then becoming sick myself. I finally took Duc to the doctor on Wednesday and learned that he will likely be dealing with the fatigue for a couple more weeks. Yeah, it is one of those really icky viruses.



On Thursday I woke up feeling kind of cruddy and by the end of the day I developed a fever of 105*. I am pretty sure that is the highest fever I have had since childhood. My bones ache, my muscles feel like limp spaghetti noodles, I have a headache and my neck and lower back ache horribly. The Motrin helps some, but I feel awful. And I feel worse when I think that I am not the mother than he is used to.



I don’t think I’ve gotten my camera out all week which makes me really sad! So here are some photos from last weekend.007_edited-1In the back ground you can sort of see the *new* dishwasher and my new counter tops. My contractor came out on Tuesday and finished all the work and everything works beautifully! I’m so excited and my kitchen looks so much neater now that I don’t have stuff cluttering the ~3 feet of total counter space. The custom built work in my living room is beautiful so now I have plans for the space on the opposite side of my fireplace. I just need to win the lottery! Afterwards Duc hung out with the contractor (my cousin) and he showed him his massive truck. Duc was in heaven! He is so a boy’s boy. Brent put him in the truck and Duc immediately grabbed the wheel and started “driving” he also adjusted the radio until he found a station he liked (alternative rock). 011_edited-1Not the best quality photo, but I love the “hear no evil” pose. He does this quite a bit—hear no evil, see no evil, and say no evil. Very cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous August 7, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you feel better soon! K

Kelli August 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Instead of looking at it as always being sick, think of it as building your lifetime immunity. It's kind of like the first year of teaching. It's hell because you get every.single.bug that comes into your classroom. But after that? Yep, immunity to almost everything. I think I missed close to 7 or 8 days my first year for illnesses. Last year (not including my maternity leave) I was out- hmmm, I was never out for illness!

Hope you are both feeling a bit better and back to your old selves soon.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP