Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fruits of my labor (15/8)

003_edited-1010_edited-1Do you know how much it makes my heart sing to watch my son eat what I have fixed or how happy I was to give him his first bowl of pho? It saddens me that he didn’t have the chance to eat pho in Vietnam, but I really enjoy fixing it for him now.



It is hard for me to believe that my baby is 15 months and that we have been together 8 months. I thought the novelty of it would slip away with the passage of time, but it hasn’t. Before I can reign them in tears still chase a line down my face at the most surprising moments. Sometimes it is a look he gives me, sometimes when I am carrying him to bed and he clings to my neck, and sometimes it is watching him play and being amazed that he is here. After all those tears, months of wondering, he is here. Fifty weeks ago I saw his face for the first time and I knew my life was changing. I knew it was changing from the very first email I sent my agency, but there he was, proof. I never could have imagined the love, the light, the mess and the tears he would bring.



Happy 15 months, baby boy! You were worth every tear, every bump in the road, every heartbreak. You continue to amaze me. every. single. day. I love you, Duc.

1 comments:

The Baxter Family August 23, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Happy 15 months darling Duc! What a special little joy he is.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP