Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bring on the 'roids

The shot I received at the doctor's office yesterday afternoon was a combination of short acting and fast acting steroids.  It was supposed to begin working quickly and last up to 3 days.  Perfect.  I try to avoid steroids because I always gain wait and I tend to get weepy. 

Last night I'm sitting on the couch and I get this overwhelming feeling to munch.  I tried some yogurt and then an apple.  No go.  So at 9:15 pm, I'm hauling myself to the nearest CVS while wearing my jammies.  I tried to convince myself I was just there to pick up some dressings (since the elbow was draining I didn't want it getting on my clothes or couch), but I knew the real reason I was there: sour worms.  That's right.  And while in the checkout I grabbed a bar of dark Dove chocolate--just in case.  The dove made it through the night, but I'm afraid the worms were exterminated shortly after I returned home.  Laura--I thought of my resolve and realized I had met my match with the steroids.  I'm hoping today is a better day.  On the positive side, I have LOTS of nervous energy.  I only slept a few hours and I was up and cleaning.  Yippee!

Now that I am #4 (in my mind I keep thinking I'm actually lower than that for some reason) I have started thinking about a nursery.  I actually bought the paint for the room in early '07 when I bought paint for my daughter's room.  My daughter's room is done, except for the mural I want on the wall.  My son's room, well, I haven't even started.  I haven't even painted.  My hope is to do a jungle theme and fill the room with lots of jungle type stuffed animals.  I think I will wait until I am officially matched before having friends and family over to help.  I say help, because the oak desk in here is too heavy for two women to carry (my mom and I struggled to move it when I moved in--and she is incredibly strong).  I will need someone to build me a desk in my living room and I have just the nook for it. 

It's amazing, when I look back at the last two years things have fallen into place so wonderfully.  When I bought my house two years and two weeks ago, people asked why a single girl needed a 3 bedroom/2 bath house with a huge living room.  The only thing I could say is "if you buy it they will come".  Somehow, I knew God was going to fill my house with kids.  I just didn't know when that would happen.  I knew the corner of the living room that I wanted the desk built into, I started planning (in my mind, not in check book) for an extension onto the back of the house.  I didn't want to cut down some of the good climbing trees in the backyard because I thought the kids would enjoy them.  It's exciting to think of what might be around the next corner!

2 comments:

Kelli May 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

OMG- I now know another reason I met you- I LOVE SOUR WORMS! Eat some for me! And I know what you mean about feeling lower on the list....I had a dream last night we both heard news on Monday and went to Sandra's to celebrate. Maybe I'm just craving pho, but stranger things have come to fruition....

Laura May 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM  

I'm laughing because you're funny! There is no resolve with steroids. I've hauled myself to the store for junk food for no good reason at all! At least you have an excuse. I love sour worms. And of course dark chocolate. I still think you have resolve b/c if you didn't, you'd have polished off the worms AND the chocolate. See? I know what I'm taling about. Resolve, girl, resolve.

I'm not sure if you read my PW protected post about a month ago, but I've been through steroid hell as well. Neck, spine, knees, hip... They suck. I do have to say that I am "lucky." I get so sick every time I have a series of steroid injections that I lose a frightening amount of weight in a short period of time. The weeks following all of my injections are about the only time EVER for me that food makes me want to vomit. Seriously. Very, very rare thing for me!

I hope you start feeling better and that the steroids do the trick. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Yuck.

I'm so happy for your new number! So, so close. It's exciting that you can start thinking about Haven's room. We did the Zanzibar jungle theme for Mattix's and I like it. Fun colors.

Okay, I have to go to bed. Why am I writing my own blog post in your comments section????

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP