Saturday, May 31, 2008

I don't think we are in Kansas

Although I know we aren't in Kansas, it is 1:50 AM and I am a wide awake because the tornado sirens just started going off a few minutes ago.  My house is all lit up as I am looking out windows (yeah, yeah, I know but there aren't any lights on in any of my neighbors' houses and I find that very strange).  Evidently the tornado(s) is now in the northern part of the county and is heading south-east.  I, of course, live on the south side so I'm trying to stay alert.

Surgery update: Mom is going in on June 24th.  Send some prayers to my parents.  Their wedding anniversary is the next day and I feel really bad that they will be in the hospital.  I'm really hoping they can slide her into an earlier slot.  My mother has never had surgery, never had anesthesia so I'm praying she handles it ok.

I have a couple of serious posts coming up about some things that have been rolling through my head.  Some of these thoughts have been simmering since I started down this road two years ago and other's are new "ah-ha" moments that I am having post-Mom cancer diagnosis.  Because they are personal I don't want just anyone reading them.  I have gotten to know the people that regularly leave comments on my blog (because I read their blogs too!), but the majority of people reading my blog never say a thing.  That's their prerogative, but it's creepy to think some dirty bird 60 year-old man might be sitting in his basement in the dark reading this.  Eww.  Chances are the majority of readers are APs or PAPs also, but you never know.  I will probably post the link to my WordPress blog tomorrow.  If anyone wants the password to those posts, now is the time to speak up.  You can email or comment, but either way I will need your email address.  

Cheers and hold on to Toto.

8 comments:

Unknown May 31, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Hi Erica. First off... your moms will continue to be in my prayers. And yes, I would love your password, but completely understand if you want to keep some thoughts private. hnault0710@yahoo.com. Thanks for be my blog world buddy.

oh yeah... and HOLY COW!!! Tornadoes. I have never experienced a tornado and don't think I ever want to. Stay safe.

Meredith May 31, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

Ahhh...gotta love spring time in the midwest! There's nothing like being jolted out of bed in the middle of the night be hail pounding your window and tornado sirens going off! :) I will continue to pray for your mom - I love that you give us very specific ways that we can do so. If you're willing to share the password, I'd like to continue to read.

Kate May 31, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Glad you didn't get sent to OZ!!!

I will pray for your mom and for the physicians.

Of course, you know I'm curious as to what you've been thinking...so I'd like the password!

greengrassgrowsblog(at)gmail(dot)com

Kelli May 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

It was a rough one last night! I just finished picking up my recycling that was scattered everywhere. Assuming you don't need my email :)

Kelly May 31, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

I would like to be able to follow along. I don't know if you read my blog or not, but I am Lucy's mom at Lucy in the Sky. My email is lucyintheskyblog@ gmail dot com.

I am continuing to pray for your mom and family. I hope that the surgery goes very smoothly.

Anonymous June 1, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

THis is your mother speaking and I want the password to read your thoughts. I am used to searching people's innermost thoughts. Why should yours be any different.

Anonymous June 2, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

Glad you survived the storm. Unbelievably, Noah and Zoe slept through the WHOLE THING. We were amazed. The power went out, which means their monitors shut off, and they didn’t even stir when we went in their rooms to turn the monitors back on.

I’m sending good thoughts to you and your parents. I hope they can get your mom in before the 24th.

I would like to have the password if you don’t mind. My new e-mail address is myminivanrocks@yahoo.com or you can send it to my old one if you still have it.

Anonymous June 3, 2008 at 1:17 AM  

Hi Erica! I'm so sorry I haven't been reading or commenting for so long. I'm going to get caught up this week. You're first on my blog roll, so here I am, trying to get back into blog reading. I'm truly sorry about your mom. I have more to say, but I don't want to post it here. I'll send you an email tomorrow or Wednesday. Your family is in my prayers. I hope everyting is okay with the tornado situation. I don't know how you guys do it. The very idea scares the hell out of me. I get overwhelmed during our Monsoon season. The night storms freak me out. Yes, I'm pathetic. Finally, I'd love to keep reading your posts if you don't mind. I totally owe you my PW (not that I've even had a chance to write that post) and I'll send it your way when I send you that email I've been meaning to send you since you shared the news about your mom. Uck - I just suck so much this month. Don't want you to think I'm ignoring you. Honestly, I haven't ready any blogs in longer than I can remember and this post is as far as I'm going to get tonight! Take care of yourself and know that you, your mom, and your family are in my thoughts.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP