Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A note from my mom

                love sign

My mom checks my blog on a semi-regular basis and here is what she wanted me to tell you today:

You can let the people know on your blog that I appreciate all the concern and prayers for our family. I read the comments and the people were so caring. My life feels much more normal so I think I have adjusted to the cancer news or it could be the peace of God that I'm getting from all the prayers. I believe it is God answering prayer.

So, straight from my mama's mouth, thank you.  Contrary to what we were initially told, they did not call to tell us when her surgery is scheduled yesterday.  They said they would call us on Friday to let us know when she is having surgery. 

Despite all this, I continue to think of my son.  I pray that the week my mom is in the hospital that we receive some updates from the agency.  I know that would do the whole family some good.  Every time I update them on a number change they all cheer!  It's rather exciting to hear and see.  I'm so glad they are every bit as excited as I am.  Or, as my dad said this weekend "I don't think you realize how excited or the extent of my excitement about getting my grandson home".  Wow, I hope this kid lives up to the hype (joking!).

For several months now I have had this feeling that I know where and when he was born.  I'm looking forward to the day I get the call because I want to know if my feeling is correct.  Has anybody else had that experience, and if so, were you correct?

4 comments:

Angie May 29, 2008 at 3:26 AM  

I have had dreams and thoughts of when Emma's heart began beating, what day she was born, and what she will wear when I get her! I can't wait to go back once I receive referral! God's sense of humor...you never know!
:)

Jen May 29, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

I'm so glad you mom has found some peace, I will continue to keep both of you in my thoughts.

As for the "knowing," I had this period of time about a month before Coop's birth date where I was completely nervous but couldn't figure out why. At the time I wondered if it meant Coop had been born. Maybe it just meant his first mom was making adoption plans. As for the province, I had always wanted to go to the one he was at...but I don't think that counts.

Kate May 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

You're mom is so sweet. I'm happy there is some "calm" within her right now--great mindset to be in. Continued prayers for her on my end!

~I KNEW with Luci. Several weeks before I received her referral, I kept having dreams of throwing her birthday parties. Enormous parties and every dream I had was a different kind of party--but with the same beautiful pink cake with white flowers---me helping her blow out her candles.

~The day I received her referral I immediately knew why God sent those dreams to me. Her birthday is November 29th...my birthday! I couldn't believe it and I feel so blessed to have an extra "connection" with my girl! What makes it even better was that November 29, 2005 was the day we left home for China to get her! Needless to say, it's a significant date in our house!

Kelli May 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Yep, I have a feeling about his birthdate and province....I guess only time will tell if I'm right. My parents are quite excited too- last night my dad came over and measured the closet to add some shelves!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP