Monday, July 14, 2008

I'd like to thank...

My fabulous friend that received her referral Friday told me I was the first one she called. Not mom. Not dad. Me. Wow, what an honor! But then I got to thinking...I'm going to have to rearrange my "call" list! I had told my dad last weekend that I would call him first because he so badly wants to hear something good and I want him to be the first to know he has a grandson. Then, Saturday while I was at a baby shower for another soon to be AP (Shasta, I'd love to link your blog once you update with photos! Aubrey and Nicole did such a wonderful job of putting it all together) she told me she also wanted to be notified as soon as I received a referral and I joked that I was going to have to rearrange the call list. It got me thinking...is this what the celebrities go through when they win Oscars and forget to thank their husband or agent? I certainly don't want to leave anyone out because I know they would be upset. I'm going to have to create a calling chart of some sort and so far I have three columns of names and a separate column for those I need to e-mail. While there is a very short list of family and close friends, the rest are those I have connected with over adoption during the last two years. It feels nice to actually have to concern myself with this.

To be clear, my agency has not told me to expect anything as momentous as a referral, but I feel it is better to be prepared when unexpected greatness occurs.

Even before my mom had surgery last month, I got into this sort of zone. While in the zone I am not allowed to be a Debbie Downer, nor will I surround myself with Debbie Downers. Here is my anti-Debbie Downer anthem:

Honestly, how can you possibly frown when you hear that song? (unless it was the 300th time you have heard it today)

5 comments:

Kelli July 14, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Ooh- I need to start a list! I suppose I should finish my paper before I start that, even though it sounds like way more fun.

The zone is a very good place to be!

Kate July 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Keep on zone'n! I {love, love, love} this song!

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

Ummmm, hello? Me! What about me? I have to be somewhere on that list, right? I'm not even asking for a top spot or anything. :) Just a spot.

Angie July 15, 2008 at 3:47 AM  

A cute guy singing to me always makes me smile!

Anonymous July 15, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

Wish I had had a list of people to call when I got the "CALL" (even if I did you would have been at the top) but I didn't and had to sit in stunned silence for a couple minutes thinking "What in the world do I do now!?!??" Great feeling - hope you get to feel it soon. Life's looking really good right now!!!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP