Monday, July 28, 2008

What you were waiting for...or not

Well, perhaps it isn't exactly what you were waiting for, but it was what I was waiting to share with my family before sharing with all of you. Evidently after starting two adoptions and getting a tattoo the only thing that would surprise my family is actually getting married. Go figure. Ok, here it is:
Yep, I got another tattoo! Evidently my family didn't even notice. I'm even sitting on the floor with my foot kicked out in front of me with an overly pointed toe and still nothing. I finally asked them if they noticed anything different and they started looking around the room. Still nothing. I finally asked if they noticed something different about me and Chennie yelled, "Tattoo!" Although they were oblivious, Michael noticed it while walking behind me down the steps--either he has a foot fetish or the flash of red and pink stood out against my uber-white skin. Honestly, it is the first time I have thought being this white had an aesthetic appeal.

And for those of you that are not faint of heart, here is the video of getting the tattoo:


I don't know if you can hear the audio over the buzzing, but Kristen asked me how it felt and I said something about it feeling worse on the foot. The lady doing my foot responded with, "Funny, I don't feel anything." Yeah, could've kicked her if she hadn't such a firm grip on my foot.


Chennie is visiting from Hong Kong this week (she wanted to be here following my mom's surgery, but I am afraid my mom will probably wear her out!). We were taking the grand house tour (very cultural, is what she said...haha...I need to post photos) and after looking at my bedroom my mom said, "What room is this across the hall?" Very nonchalant I answered, "My son's room." It took a few seconds for that to sink in and she gave me the biggest smile--it was so worth saving that moment up and sharing it in person! We were jumping around and hugging all excited. She wants to be meet up with us in HCMC and she has volunteered/been drafted to be the family photographer.

You may be wondering why I am planning, planning, planning and I don't have a good answer for you. I guess for the first time in my life I am filled with a hope that defies explanation. Yes, I realize that my hope may be severely deflated come August 31st, but until then I am clinging to hope. I'm starting to plan for more than just me and I am overwhelmed with the need to fill my freezer with home made meals for those times when I am too tired or too tired to drag Haven and myself to the grocery store.

Oh, one last parting shot of my new, beautiful tattoo:
Feel free to ask any questions...I'm happy to answer!

7 comments:

Unknown July 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I love the tattoo... it is beautiful. Sounds like you are completing your "to do" list of things that will be difficult to do while holding a child. Your list is so much more exciting than mine. I am jealous.

Kelli July 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

We were on the phone for 40 minutes and you didn't tell me about the tattoo!?!? I love it! Brought back some bad memories of my tatoo experience (lower back is bad news). Thanks for sharing some of your hope that defies expectation- I needed it to get me through a few more days!

Kristen July 28, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

My turn next! Glad you got to share your wonderful news with Chennie in person. K

Anonymous July 28, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

That is an awesome tattoo! I love it; nice choice. I'd think the foot would hurt a bit more than other parts. Mine didn't hurt much at all. Ed was a little bit of a girl, though, but that's just my opinion of course. I would have noticed, BTW! :)

Anonymous July 29, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Love the tattoo!!

Angie July 29, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

That's one of the prettiest tattoos I have seen!

Kate July 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Love it! I want one!!!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP