Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Guess what?

No, not that! I've decided not to call any family members between now and September 1st for fear of getting them overly excited. I got an interesting little letter in the mail yesterday. Evidently I have been accepted into the Citizen's Police Academy! I find this very funny. I'm actually looking forward to it because I think it will be interesting to see how investigations are completed and what the processes are that they go through. Again, I think it with help lend validity to my someday novel. Plus, I think it would be fun to do a ride around. I guess it really isn't that big of a deal. I actually know a couple of cops and I'm sure they would be willing to accommodate me. I've become friends with a guy I work with--he's a nurse, an herbalist, a volunteer fireman and a cop. He told me if I ever got pulled over again in a particular rural county that loves to pull me over for no good reason that I should drop his name. Seriously, I will accept blame when it is warranted but I got pulled over once for having a suitcase in the backseat. What the heck? The cop actually leaned into my car and demanded to know where I was going. What an ass. Oh yeah, I can't wait to join the citizen's police academy.

I got off call Monday morning and I'm still worn out. Partly from the on-call, but also from the ridiculous amount of overtime I've been working. I keep telling myself it is baby money, but now I am wondering if I played the wrong bet. I told my boss that I would only do on-call on a temporary basis (until the usual folks are able to return--which strangely, they show no signs of returning to the schedule even though their schedules are currently lighter than mine...hmmm) and I also specified that I would do on-call until I became a parent (Please, God, send me a referral! I can't bear the thought of being on-call another couple of years until my daughter comes home!) or I felt my health was adversely being affected. I will admit, everyday I look at that **** (I'll let you fill in the profanity of your choice) schedule I do feel my blood pressure spike a bit. I try to calm myself and say, "it's for the baby". Actually, that's my mantra every time the stupid thing beeps. I need to stop writing about it--it just makes me mad. At least I have in writing that it is only temporary.

What else is new...oh yeah! I bought a Vietnamese cookbook and I think I'm going to like it. It has adapted the recipes so that the user can find the ingredients much easier. Honestly, with the exception of the fish sauce I should be able to find everything at my local grocery. I think Kroger even carries fresh ginger. I'm pretty psyched. I'm actually going to experiment on my family some day soon. Since I don't have a Vietnamese restaurant locally, it will be nice to be able to make a few dishes at home.

I spent 75 mind-numbing minutes at the AT&T Wireless store yesterday. My cell phone, although only about 18 months old, has been acting funny. I'm able to call and receive calls only intermittently. The salesguy replaced the SIM card and because my agency uses my cell number and not my home number to reach me, I decided I needed to know a back-up plan. Fortunately he said I'm do for an upgrade in about 3 weeks, but if the phone is still acting up they thought they could bump it up sooner. Evidently I will have a $150-200 new phone credit. Any suggestions? The pharmacist I'm working with (not the cute one, unfortunately) has been telling me I need to get an iPhone. If I got an iPhone it would eliminate the need for an iPod. I'm all for eliminating clutter, but I thought I'd ask for your opinions? Do you have a cell phone suggestion or experience with iPhone you'd like to share?

My phone was still acting funny this morning so I'm thinking I need to make a decision soon.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP