Sunday, August 24, 2008

Progress, I think

I saw this article posted on one of the yahoo groups and I am sharing it here.  It's from the Thanhnien News and they are discussing the changes that need to occur in order for adoptions to continue in VN.  While I am still hoping that I receive a referral before the shutdown, it is encouraging to know that people high-up on both sides of the ocean are looking at this issue. 

Today at church my pastor was talking about Acts 12 and believing in the impossible.  For those that don't remember the story (yeah, I can never remember what happens in each book...I always have to look it up) Peter was assisted by the angels to escape from prison.  Even Peter thought he was dreaming--he didn't think it was possible and fully expected that he would also be beheaded at the request of King Herod.  Even the people praying for his rescue didn't believe it would happen--they thought it was his angel that showed up on their doorstep.  They prayed in earnest never expecting that he would be saved. 

I don't know what is ahead of me at the end of this week.  Most reading this are in the same boat--some of us are hopeful and others are not.  At this point there is nothing left for me to do but to pray and I will be praying earnestly. 

6 comments:

Kate August 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Praying for you and that you receive wonderful news this week.

Heading off now to read Act 12..thanks for that.

Unknown August 24, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

I'm still praying for you!!! I hope you get your news this week. It's going to be a very stressfull week. I took the next two weeks off just as a precaution.

Meredith August 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Praying for you this week - I really hope you get good news! Hang in there!

Terri August 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Erica,
Keeping you and Haven in our prayers, like I said before...you'll come down to the wire. But I do believe you will receive your referral and you will travel to bring your son home. All in God's time. Blessings as you wait to become a family!
Terri and Paul

Kelli August 25, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Praying with you....wishing, dreaming, hoping for Haven Duc and my little prince.

Unknown August 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop a line to let you know I am thinking about you tonight.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP