Monday, February 23, 2009

Slow day in the ‘hood

Since I am slightly twisted and know my days are limited before the Spud says “get away crazy lady!” I present you with my afternoon fun:

IMG_2226

I don’t know about this, mama….

IMG_2228

Ok, there is a little bit of a smile.

And then we watched the neighbor’s septic tank get pumped.  That was exciting!  Ok, not really, but Spud was entertained and it certainly explained the rather unpleasant odor outside that was NOT my heap of dirty diapers. 

And then we took a nap and I looked through my old photos, well, as old as a 9 month old’s photos can be.  And here are some recent photos.

001

The weekend before last the women from my church held a baby shower for me.  It was a lot of fun and Spud spun in circles for two hours showing off before finally passing out in my arms.  Ahhh, bliss.  The flowers in the background are from my dad.  Each year he sends me Valentine’s Day flower…ok, everyone say aaahhhh.  This year Spud’s name was included on the card with the flowers.  Double aaahhhh

006

Let’s just say he had a good reason to be spitting that corn out.  It had had better days.  I’m not saying who tried to feed it to him…let’s just say he doesn’t spit when I feed him.  At least not yet.

008

Looking Dino-mite!  Spud received this cute little robe at the shower.

010

Spud throwing down some west side with Uncle Mike.  I need to get him a ball cap…

035  

One of the many faces he makes during the day.

I am so thankful for many things every day.  The biggest thing I am thankful for is my son.  Every day.  Every. Single. Day. I thank God he is in my life.  Yesterday at church the pastor asked that we pray for each other that we would have something incredible happen to us this week—big or small, it didn’t matter.  The gentleman that prayed for us seemed to know that every day Spud and I share is something incredible.  I couldn’t ask for more.  And yesterday as I laid on the couch so exhausted while he played with me among the pillows I began to cry.  I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for having this beautiful little man in my life.  He blows me away. 

And because I am feeling quite cheesy after reviewing all these photos I had to share this song with you:

I haven’t heard this song in years, but I heard it this weekend and it seemed pretty appropriate. 

I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

There you have it.  I love my little man and I feel like the happiest woman in the world. 

3 comments:

Cinnamon February 23, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Beautiful song and such a handson little man. We are lucky women to have such wonderful blessings.

Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

I have heard that song a hundred times and never really thought of the lyrics before.

And I LOVE that first picture!

Kelli February 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Love this song- we are so lucky and I often find myself reduced to tears. It happens a lot for all of the right reasons.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP