Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ah, ah, ah Staying Alive

While a forced sick day is not supposed to be fun, I have to admit it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would.  The house is absolutely trashed and if I wasn’t so exhausted I would pick up my camera and show you, but that would just ruin the surprised look I am expecting to see when my mother opens the door to my happy hovel tomorrow.

Last night the Spud and I were laying on the couch together enjoying our shared body heat.  My son is NOT a cuddler so I am taking advantage/enjoying all the cuddle time we are getting.  He was sitting on my belly because since I was the sicker of the two I was completely horizontal.  He smiled at me and blew me a raspberry only because he is so little there was a certain amount of spittle.  So I pffftt’d him back.  He laughed and laughed and I laughed and laughed and before I knew it I was crying.  Sometimes they just sneak out of me before I can stop.  Every single day I thank God that he brought this precious little boy into my life.  Even when I am sick he makes me smile.  He makes every day more precious. 

I think the Spud is finally beginning to snap back.  He didn’t seem overly warm today so I didn’t medicate him.  I was still a bit warm, but not like yesterday.  I had to start taking ibuprofen because the aches were so bad.  I know it is highly unlikely that we have the swine flu, but I have to admit, the timing sucked.  Because I am so exhausted I had the TV on most of the day and since I don’t have cable I don’t have many options so I saw a lot of news coverage on the flu.  The flu is the flu is the flu.  Symptoms are all the same regardless of what kind you get—some are just a little worse than others and some kill.  Even though I was an anthro major many of research papers and projects involved biology.  One such project was of the flu pandemic of 1918 that wiped out 50-100 million people worldwide.  I think both flu outbreaks shared the same Type A subtype H1N1, but I refuse to look any closer than that. 

My sister emailed me to say that we needed to get over it by this weekend.  She isn’t due until the Spud’s birthday in a couple of weeks (oh crap, his birthday is in a couple of weeks and I haven’t sent out invites or planned!), but she and we (I have been right on 4 out of the last 5 due dates for friends and her first one) think she is going this weekend.  So the Spud and I have been warned—get better or miss the big event!  So, of course, I had to order the 50 mm lens that Kelli introduced me to.  Hopefully it will be here by the weekend and (thanks again for this tidbit Kelli) it was $75 less than Amazon.

Oh, and I am not trying to advertise for Honda.  I just really like the mellow vibe of that song and the lyrics are so perfect.  It was improssible to find the song on YouTube that wasn’t associated with the commercial so I hope those guys got paid a lot!

141_edited-1 copy

1 comments:

Laura April 29, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

GET BETTER! I am so paranoid about the swine flu. I want to tell you to go to the ER for Tamiflu, but I realize I'm a freak show. Just get better and let us know you're better so I don't call the CDC on your a$$ (so they bring you some freaking Tamiflu). Told you I have issues. :)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP