Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twins?!? How about brothers from another mother (and father)

Twins?  Seriously?  No, they are not twins, just junior buds.  009_edited-1 The boys enjoying some food.  Notice the cleared table—how else can you eat a meal when there are things to grab (besides food)?

016_edited-1 I just love how organized teachers are.  I’m lucky if I get out the door with my wipes, diapers, bottle and snacks.  Of course, part of the problem stems from Spud packing and re-packing the bag so some things go missing.  Frequently.  Bubbles?  Forget about it.  Kelli rocks though!027_edited-1 The Spud likes all things round—balls, wheels.  Yesterday I had to repeatedly peel him off a kid’s wheelchair in the doctor’s office.  Now, that is classy.030_edited-1 Bunny ears?033_edited-1 Just love the expression on Spud’s face.  Check out the next one!034_edited-1 Makes me laugh!

043_edited-1044_edited-1 Beautiful boy!053_edited-1 I absolutely LOVE this picture.  The expression on his face isn’t one I see often.064_edited-1  How many pacifiers does one child need?  I have no idea, but I have a whole bunch of photos of the thief in action!084_edited-1096_edited-1 120_edited-1

Did I mention how windy it was?

144_edited-2 copy 145_edited-1 My sick little boy was just so tired by the time these photos were taken.  It’s hard to get a photo when he isn’t on the run.

I had such a great time with Kelli and Aiden today!  I always ask to hold Aiden when we visit because it reminds me of what a light baby feels like!  They are about the same height but Duc has two pounds on Aiden and it is pretty obvious!  My boy is stout.  I had to laugh at all the twin comments because beside the weight difference and dark hair and eyes I don’t think they look anything alike.   Aside from the fact that they are devilishly cute.   The boys are actually two different ethnicities (which I wrote a post about and never hit the publish key.  Someday…), with very different features.  The funny thing is that it wasn’t just white people that were asking!

We are planning on future get together if for nothing more than at least getting photos of us actually holding our boys.  Most mamas know this, but especially single mamas, it is hard to find photos of us with our children.  The boys had a great time piling up on the floor and I really enjoyed picking Kelli’s brain about some things single mom stuff.  It was also good to know that Spud isn’t the only one that finds toes irresistible!

9 comments:

Mab April 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Hi Erica...I came over here from Kelli's blog to see more pictures!
Love them all!
Both boys are so precious!
Yall have many many fun outings ahead of you!

Arlene (Baton Rouge, LA)

Susan April 26, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Now THAT is a couple of handsome boys! Twins? Really? :-)

I think Spud's got a bit of an Elvis lip going on in that one photo. Love it!

I'm so excited that Petunia and I will be meeting Kelli and Aiden in person soon. I can't wait. Who know... maybe we'll get to meet you guys, too, one day.

Laura April 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

I love all of the photos. I'm so jealous of both of you guys! I'd love to read the ethnicities post, as Matty isn't Vietnamese (that's his nationality, but not ethnicity). I love to learn about the different ethnicities in VN. I obviously know all about Matty's, and have learned a few more, but there are lots and I like to learn! Enlighten me!

Anonymous April 26, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

It looks like you had a good time together. The boys look so cute.

Kelli April 26, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

You got some great pictures too! Love them! We had a great time and can't wait to see you guys next month. I will start researching parks on the southside. It's almost 9 and Aiden is STILL sleeping. Yesterday wore him out!

kitchu April 26, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

What a great time and they are both SO cute but so NOT twins :O) But SO cute.

Kate April 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

So glad you and Kelli and a great time! Aiden and Duc are so stinkin' cute!!!

The Baxter Family April 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

I love the pictures of the two boys together! They are both such little cuties!

Michelle May 7, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

How lucky are the two of you to be able to get together?! I so want to live closer to other single moms of VN kids. Love the pics!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP