Thursday, April 30, 2009

What day is it?

I was going to make a remark in my post heading about swine flu, but no sense in directing a lot of sickies with fevers to my website because I CAN NOT HELP THEM.

So I have finally conceded defeat and agreed that I need to see the doctor.  Normally I would NOT go to a doctor and pay my co-pay just so they can tell me I have a virus and to take tylenol and lots of fluid.  Now I am having a lot of respiratory issues and since that is my Achilles heel I throw my hands up.  Enough already!

This is my 5th day straight with a fever and I can NOT shake it.  I started the day at 100*, took some Ibuprofen and two hours later I was 101.6*.  The employee health nurse at work sent me home and told me to quarantine myself.  She also told me to shut the door to my office and not let anyone any one in there until I  have a chance to alcohol it down.  I told her it was just the flu, not the flu.  I have absolutely NO energy.  I just lay on the couch, floor, bed and let Spud walk all over me and my mom steps over me.  speaking of which, my mom is here helping out.  Thank God.  I don’t have the energy to fix myself a meal to eat, let alone an infant.  Unfortunately I have no PTO saved up since I used every single minute of it on my maternity leave. 

Spud is doing a bit better—he still gets a low grade fever, but his behavior is still that of a sick child.  I want my happy little boy back.  I want his healthy mama back too.

008_edited-1

Did I mention that my new 50mm arrived yesterday???  Sweet Jesus, I love this lens!

010_edited-1

016_edited-1 Check out the beautiful blurring in the background.

030_edited-1 I love the expressions on their faces!

055_edited-1 066_edited-1

082_edited-1 Blowing bubbles and having fun.

095_edited-1 Spitting out dinner.  Still no appetite:(

104_edited-1 And this is the face I have come to know the past couple of days.  My poor, poor, unhappy sick baby.  he’s taking more an extra nap or two each day also because he is still cruddy.

4 comments:

kitchu May 1, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

man woman, i wish i lived next door so i could help out, but theeeeennnn... not so sure i want your cooties! SO sorry you are sick, that's too long with a fever. hope your doc can help you out, and please give us an update. wish i had your #, i'm home recovering from oral surgery, we could chat on the phone and vent our woes away. :O)

i love my 50mm too- though i'm still SO partial to my macro, only because the quality of the pic is sharper with that lens (just a better lens- ya get what ya pay for i guess, tho that one was a gift).

poor baby- that last pic makes ME want to cry!!

Kelli May 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

That last picture makes me want to hold my little Spud! I am glad your mom is there helping. I am also glad Aiden and I didn't catch your cooties- no offense...

Laura May 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Ugh. I'm so sorry you're still sick. I'm glad your mom is there to help out - it's impossible to care for a baby when you feel like you're about to fall over. Take care of yourself!!!!

K May 2, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Thank goodness you have some help. Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP