Friday, April 3, 2009

Addendum: I am in a much better mood now and actually, the phone rocks. There was a reason I chose a Blackberry--I just wish it was a little more user friendly and the apps were more like the iPhone. There were a couple of features that were make or breaks that the iPhone doesn't have. So, I actually got exactly what I needed. It rocks!


I decided to take the day off because I have been feeling so exhausted this week. Can I just tell you how annoyed I am by all the unsolicited comments and “advice” from people about this. I know why I am tired, it is the same reason I feel bone deep tired for two weeks twice a year. It’s called allergy season. Instead of having a runny nose and itchy eyes I get an autoimmune response and have fevers and extreme fatigue. It happens like clockwork every spring and fall which is why I have been extremely annoyed by people saying things like

“Well, your a mom now. Tired is just part of it”

or

“You should really get more sleep".”

Really? You think that is the solution? I wish. Even my mom told me she hoped that I would get acclimated to our new schedule. I couldn’t figure out what she was talking about—what new schedule? Evidently the one with me going back to work full time...four weeks ago. Honestly, that is not the problem. I’ll be back to my self in another week or so when the pollen count isn’t so high.

Oh, did I mention it makes me slightly mean and severely annoyed?

Yeah. Not in the mood today. I did take Spud to daycare for 2.5 hours this afternoon so I could run errands. I bought a new phone—a Blackberry Pearl. I hate it. I should have known not to buy it when what I really wanted was an iPhone. Supposedly it was cheaper, but I realized after the fact that AT&T is a LIAR! It’s only cheaper if you already have a data plan (which I didn’t). I realized too late that in the short and long run this phone costs/will cost me more. Oh, I wish my math skills were a lot better! Hopefully since I have owned the phone less than a day they won't give me any crap about switching. Otherwise I will just get another low end phone and wait until I can upgrade my service again.


Spud has decided walking is the only way to go. The daycare people commented that the only time they see him walking is when I drop him off or pick him up. He always walks/runs to me. Today he was showing off and one of them said he looks too short to be walking. She is right! He just seems so small to me. At home it is about 50/50 with walking or crawling, but every day he seems to prefer the walking slightly more. Sigh...my little baby is growing up too quickly.

3 comments:

Unknown April 4, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Thanks :) There were times I thought it would never happen too!!

Your little Spud is ADORABLE!!

Cinnamon April 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Those videos are adorable! Liam is walking now too!

Rachel April 6, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

OK, so if you have the time, could you email me about why the Blackberry is good for you? Like what were you looking for it to do that it does and what doesn't it do that you wanted it to do?

I am totally being lazy, so if you don't have the time, no worries. I know you are super swamped...

I hope you're feeling better w/ the allergies. Allergies blow.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP