Thursday, April 9, 2009

Almost

Poor Spud is definitely still sick. Mom looked slightly crazy by the time I returned to the hotel. He had been whiny and cranky all day and it was making her crazy. His nose had finally STOPPED running. This is huge. He has been a snot machine since he started daycare a month ago. As I reminded her, one bad day in the span of 16 weeks is still freakin' awesome.

I finally figured out why he was/is staggering around like a drunken sailor. I found out first hand when I stumbled out of bed and realized my balance was also off. He still has lots of smiles and giggles for mama though. I am spoiled.

There is a Carter outlet store across from the hotel. Mom hit it yesterday and bought him a couple of little Easter gifts (do I mention that some outfits only cost $3.99????). We went back tonight and I dropped some serious change on getting him some clothese. Usually I can give two hoots about shopping, but it seemed sort of wrong not to enjoy 50-70% off sales. Entire outfits for $2.49??? Incredibly cute clothes for cheap. Of course, the more you pile them into the bag the more you spend.

By this evening he was starting to look and act more like th boy I know. I must admit I have really enjoyed him falling asleep in my arms all week long. This doesn't happen at home. I think it's all the fresh air Oma keeps exposing him to.

I don't have photos for two reasons:

  1. I am on my work computer and didn't want to save anything personal on it.
  2. I just didn't take any photos. Yep, no photos this week. We have all been too sick for it and I don't want any reminders of the horrible ick that hit us.
The next time I post I will be sitting like a bum on my own couch again (I hope). Please say a prayer, cross your fingers that we get an earlier flight out of Dallas tomorrow. Otherwise it will be dark by the time we get home and Spud gets a little worked up when it is past his bedtime.

1 comments:

Kelli April 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

Man- that is a deal on the clothes. And to think I was excited about the $6 outfits I got the little man...hope you get home safe and sound and early!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP