Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dance all night

Yesterday we had a big day. Evidently at the first hint of improvement I am out there wearing myself out again. What am I thinking?



Anyway, we had fun. First there was a visit to Oma and Opa’s house and look what we found!047_edited-1It’s been years since I lived as a country girl so some of my farm animal knowledge has been replaced by how to survive among urban sprawl. Anyway, there are horses, mules and donkeys. Although to be honest I had trouble discerning which was horse and which was mule. Despite my confusion I loved this shot.

045_edited-1 I shot the day entirely in manual—quite a leap of faith for me, but I really enjoyed it! I was really able to play with lights and darks in a way that I am not able to do with some of the other more automatic camera settings.064_edited-1Yes, that is my itsy bitsy niece next to the mule. Did I mention I was a country girl? Duc has no fear of horses/mules and neither do any of the other littles in the family. 086_edited-1100_edited-1 Not sure what this is? Oma couldn’t figure out if it was a weed or a flower. Kind of pretty either way.102 Straight out of camera image. I love the light (and lack of it) in this image.154_edited-1 Yeah, I know it looks like my son is getting french kissed by Opa’s dog, but let me assure you he started it.

2 comments:

Angie June 15, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Great pics, erica! I would love to be brave like you and shoot manually...but I will continue to shoot...and drive in automatic mode! Duc is getting so big! And cuter by the day!

The Baxter Family June 22, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Beautiful pictures!!!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP