Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friday Fun

I am so blessed.  Even when things are rough I am almost always aware of how blessed I am.  Even though Duc is getting EIGHT molars at once and is miserable, he is still, generally, a happy little boy.  How is that possible?

I really tried to find photos of crazy looking carnie folk, but I have to admit, I’m a little peeved to learn that the carnival now follows a dress code.  I know…crazy, right?

IMG_4508_edited-1 First, to the park with Uncle MikeIMG_4528_edited-1IMG_4535_edited-1I love this photo.  There is something so endearingly sweet about my son holding hands with a grown man.  Duc is a man’s man.  He loves to hang with the boys and will speed right past a group of girls (well, not entirely, he has to grin and wink first) to do big boy stuff.

IMG_4544_edited-1 Such a big boy.  Sometimes it makes me sad, but most times it just makes me proud. 

IMG_4551_edited-1 Hmmm…fair food.  And, no, we did not try any.  Just smelling it made my gut ache a bit.IMG_4569_edited-1A scene from behind the fair.  I cropped it, but otherwise it has not been altered.  Ahhh, I love a beautiful sunset.  It makes me think, if only for the briefest of minutes, that all is right in the world.IMG_4576Michael and I finished with a root beer float—is there anything better in the world???   

2 comments:

Anonymous June 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Dress code? That takes all the fun out of it.

Dawn July 2, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

That sunset is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP