Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sat/Sunday

Saturday was my first night without Duc since December 19th—over six months! A couple of girlfriends got together for a sleepover in her new dream home. And a dream home it certainly was! It seemed to be a marriage between old style German and English home architecture and it was wonderful! It felt like I was on vacation. It was essentially carved out of a hill so it is really rural. You can see any number of wild animals coming up to the house, plus the horses from her farm. Ahhh, like a free bed ‘n breakfast!IMG_4584_edited-1Getting into daddy’s liquor cabinet. Sound familiar to any of you???IMG_4579_edited-1 Yes, that is exactly what you think it is. A blender and margarita mix. Good food, good drinks and good friends—how does it get more perfect than this?

Oh, yes, breakfast. Biscuits and gravy. I love living south. You can’t find this in the northern part of the state, well, you can’t find any that taste this good.IMG_4600_edited-1

IMG_4593_edited-1And this is what greeted me when I got home:IMG_4609_edited-1 Duc got himself a new “cell” phone. It also works as a TV remote. Thanks to Oma, he talks on it non-stop. The boy is really going to be chatty once he is able to make himself clearly known.IMG_4627_edited-1Duc eats these by the handful and shoves him into his mouth whole, hence, BITE SIZEd. He will cry if he sees the box and I don’t make a move for it.IMG_4644_edited-1IMG_4656_edited-1It became very apparent today that I now have a climber on my hands. Not just up the step stool, but he actually figured out how to climb up on the end tables next to the couch and was standing on one of them. IMG_4666_edited-1It all seems very clear now, doesn’t it?IMG_4702_edited-1”I’m happy, especially when I get exactly what I want.”

2 comments:

Kelli June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Two climbers- we're in for it when they get together! Hope you had a fun night away (looks like it!)

kitchu July 5, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

little genius. :O)

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP