Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Duc Day

Duc earned himself a day with Opa today and tomorrow. He got kicked out of daycare for 2 days because he had a fever of 102.5. Apparently in his small class 2 children had RSV and 2 had pneumonia so the daycare wasn’t taking chances. Which is a problem for a single mom who has not been able to save up ANY PTO. I am so, so thankful that my Dad retired a week before Thanksgiving. Honestly, it has been a Godsend having him living so much closer. It still takes a good 45 minutes but so much better!



I got off work around 1 pm and took Duc to the doctor even though his temp didn’t seem that bad—believe me, I’ve seen a lot worse out of him! I’m a total weenie when I get a call from the daycare. As soon as they tell me he is sick I go into this uber-mother mode where all I can think is “my baby needs me!”. The day was traumatic for him. After taking him to the doctor they wanted a chest x-ray since he’s had a cough for 10-12 days and now he has a fever. Given the fact that most of his class is out ill the doctor wanted to be proactive. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get x-ray images on a little toddler? Yeah, it was difficult and traumatic time for the little guy.IMG_2497 copy

My son has decided that Opa (my dad) is the best thing ever! Last year my mom would gloat a bit that ALL the grandkids loved her. And Duc does, but he really appreciates hanging out with the big boys. He loves Opa and Uncle Mike. Honestly, when Opa is here he totally ignores me and pushes me away. And it is perfectly fine with me.

IMG_2501

IMG_2513 b&w

IMG_2527 copy

IMG_2594 copy

5 comments:

Kelli January 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Poor Duc! Hope he feels better soon. Aiden has the same relationship with his papa. I am chopped liver when he is around (so is Gram!).

meemeemormor January 21, 2010 at 4:26 AM  

Erica, you photos are just amazing!

Michele January 21, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

I hope the doctor actually found something non serious so that he can finally be on his way to feeling better.

Valerie January 21, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

Saw your posting on the Indiana international yahoo group. We live up near Ft. Wayne. Your pictures are amazing and your son is so precious!

Snowflowers Mum January 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

I love the peek a boo photo! and your post makes me long so much for my girls to have contact with their g/father in New Zealand...but alas, trips are few and far between...the relationship between grandparent/grandchild are awesome!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP