Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oy

IMG_2419 copyI think this is my favorite photo of Duc so far this year. There is just a sweetness to it (could be the chocolate) and his tongue peeking out just makes this photo all the more fun. I usually use my 50mm lens most, but this is my 85mm lens. I rarely use it even though the images always look nice, but it’s like looking through binoculars. Everything is really really close! I was jammed up again the kitchen cabinets to get this picture. It is a wonderful portrait lens though. I’m already getting the itch for a new lens…it’s an addiction. I would love to have an L series lens, but that would take an entire paycheck or more. Yikes, but I think it would be totally worth it.



It’s been a full week. I worked on Sunday. Got home late and didn’t sleep well. On Monday I was up late trying to get grants written when Duc woke up between 9-10 pm. Nothing I did would comfort him. He just laid in there crying and I can’t handle my baby crying! He has never much of a crier so I’m not going to listen to it…so I got him up. He was finally happy as a clam, playing in the living room while I worked on leaning against me watching me type. Should I mentioned this was well past midnight? Yeah, fun night.



I’m getting off early tomorrow—yay! I guess I should since I worked on Sunday. I’m looking forward to getting the house cleaned. This place goes to hell pretty quick. Or, I just had a good idea…maybe I will watch a movie! All by myself on a Friday afternoon! I’m thinking of seeing “The Lovely Bones”. It has been my favorite book for a long while and I usually read it once a year. It is hauntingly beautiful, but makes my heart ache for a few days after finishing it.

IMG_2396 This is why I rarely put a bib on Duc. What you can’t see is that the yogurt is ALL over him. From his head down to his lap.

IMG_2463 This was last during the time that he should have been in bed. Once again, he fussed once I put him down even though I know he had to be tired.

3 comments:

Michele January 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

With his messy eating, I'm betting that he gets a lot of baths.

Kelli January 15, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

LOVE that first picture. Love it. Did you get to the movie? I really want to see that...

Anonymous January 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

The picture of duc with chocolate on his mouth reminds me of mom. Just something about the shape of the lips and cheeks in that photo.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP