Sunday, January 3, 2010

The one after the last

IMG_2199 Yeah, that’s just the way he rolls. He will have his feet against the table and lean forward to play with his car on the table. He’s far more flexible than me!



We had another great day today. The last couple of weeks have been rough—sometimes I think it is him. He’s stretching physically and he is also stretching to see how far he can take something. He’s been whiny which isn’t his normal self. Other times I think it is just me—I’m tired, he senses I’m tired and have less energy which means he works harder to keep all of my attention. This time I think it is actually related to two things—the holidays and all the crap he was eating. I know people say that sugar doesn’t have any impact on a child’s behavior, but I really think they are wrong. I’ve seen him wound up like top after eating a cookie and he is seriously whiny and cranky afterwards. I think he was also missing sleep due to the holiday excitement. And, honestly, I think he just missed me.



This weekend we’ve had some serious play time and as a result, snuggle time. It has been so awesome! I left briefly yesterday to make a run to the bank and the post office. I finally, with exactly 3 weeks remaining on my current 171-H, mailed off an updated home study and I-600A application. Initially I think I was subconsciously “forgetting” but as the weeks passed it became more of a conscious effort. I even set up reminders with my Outlook email account to force me along, but I just kept putting them off.



The last time I completed this I-600 I was still awaiting Duc’s referral. I was still keyed up and anxious to at least get one of my kids home. Now….I don’t know. I know I want a daughter. If you follow this blog at all you know I want a daughter. This all started with her and my family won’t feel complete without her. I suppose now that I have Duc, and as I have watched China’s referrals slow to a very slow crawl I’ve begun to lose hoping of ever seeing her face. The push to keep moving because there is a hope to a completion of the journey, well, it just isn’t there any more. I feel antsy and unsettled about this. I don’t feel I can give up. I’ve come to far and my heart just hasn’t given up yet. I’m already in line and I will never have the opportunity to adopt from China so I am sticking in it. Even though I am sticking to it it is a challenge to keep the faith and believe I will someday see her face.

IMG_2254 copy 2

IMG_2241 copy

And these are for my Dad. Duc loves Opa. Opa loves Duc. Duc watches and copies everything that Opa does. Not always such a good thing, especially when he is showing him his “see food” trick.

IMG_2225 copyHe is licking the yogurt off the foil lid of the yogurt cup. Something he learned from watching Opa., IMG_2223 copy Happy, happy, happy boy.

6 comments:

~ Kristine ~ January 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

Erica:

Keep the faith, girlfriend! One day you WILL know your daughter. You've come too far already. The current wait time is so unfortunate. You have such an opportunity to use this time with your adorable Duc to create some very special memories - - once your daughter comes home, the family dynamic will change a bit for everyone. It will be wonderful, but Duc will never forget his "Mommy & Me" time. ;-D

Kelli January 3, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

You WILL have a daughter someday. It will happen.

Glad Aiden's Papa isn't the only one teaching all sorts of fun things...it cracks me up...most of the time.

Anonymous January 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Adoption is one long and winding road.

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

i love duc's eyes! they are so expressive.
k

Anonymous January 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

i love duc's eyes! they are so expressive.
k

Kate January 5, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Keep up the fight, Erica. You'll get your little princess.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP