Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday

IMG_2836 copy I have so many thoughts and posts rolling through my head right now, but I’m not ready to write, no t ready to let it out. Right now I’m focusing on the moment, the hear and now and not the past. I’ve been focusing quite a bit of time and energy on my business, but with working full time and having an incredibly busy, incredibly fun toddler, it hasn’t left much time for much else. My apologies for not keeping up or commenting on blogs lately.



Duc has been frustrated lately. He thinks he is a big boy and he is frustrated when he can’t do the things he sees or explain himself clearly. But he is also so much fun! Sometimes in the morning when I am trying to wake him up and he won’t cooperate I run my fingernails lightly across his bare back as he sticks his diaper up in the air at me. It always dissolves him into giggles and he will roll over so I can get his diaper off. Tonight I was sitting on the couch and he crawled up behind me, spread his legs and sat behind me as if I was in his lap. He pushed my shirt up and began running his fingers up and down my spine. It was my turn to laugh—I’m terribly ticklish!IMG_2831 copy 3

He is fond of climbing up on the couch or on my bed and patting the seat next to him and saying, “Mommy, sit!” It melts my heart and even if I am in the middle of doing something (like getting ready for work) I have to stop and lay down next to him.

IMG_2859 copy

I will admit it, and don’t flame me for it, under my breath I sometimes mutter something like “you ornery little s***”. I don’t say it loud enough for him to hear and I don’t say it out of anger or mean-spiritedness. It is quite the opposite—it is out of amazement and appreciation of the twinkle in his eyes, even when I know it will likely lead to trouble. Yesterday at work a co-worker asked me a question and after I responded (trust me, I didn’t say anything I wouldn’t say in front of my boss or my mother) she looked at me and said, “you are a little devilish, you know that?” Those that know me would agree. Those that know my son would say the same thing. God has a sense of humor, you know?

IMG_2881 copy I love this photo. It is just so Duc. Every night at 7 pm, regardless of where we are, Duc will stop and play ready-set-go. He runs full force and jumps into my arms (he knocks me over a lot). Then he runs back and starts it all over again. We have a blast!

1 comments:

Anonymous January 29, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

With more language, he will not be as frustrated. I totally remember that time. I think temper tantrums were higher at that point to. It has to be hard to not be able to convey what you want.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP