Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finally...



the day has arrived. I didn't sleep well last night, go figure. Neither did my mom. My mom has such a funny sense of humor and wanted pictures taken during the entire process. Here she is Pre-Op:

That's my mom--posing with the studs in the OR. One is her anesthesiologist and I have NO idea what the other guy does. Looks good in scrubs though, doesn't he?


My mom insisted on getting up this evening so she could go back to bed. Here she is up and showing off to all the nurses:



Surgeon said everything looked really good, but she can't say anything definitive until she gets the pathology report back.

Thanks so much for all your prayers! She is doing so much better than I ever anticipated!

5 comments:

Kelli June 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

I was going to call, but didn't want to bother you :). I am so glad everything went well! Hopefully I will see you tomorrow!

Unknown June 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

I'm so glad things are going well. You were in my prayers even before I read yesterday's blog today. By the pics, she looks to be in good spirits. I really do believe that your attitude and family support really does matter when it comes to recovery. With that said your mom should be back up and around in no time.... she has a great family... and now a huge blog world family praying for her! Who could ask for more support than that. Take care.

Meredith June 24, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I've been thinking about you today. I'm so glad to hear that things went well!

Laura June 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

I'm so sorry, Erica. Your last few posts didn't show up in my Google reader and I didn't realize today was surgery day. I'm very, very glad your mom came through surgery well. I'll pray for good news with the pathology report. Any idea how long that will take?

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Your mom looks great and I'm glad she's able to keep her sense of humor throughout this. Please keep me posted, of course. I'm thinking of your family... -S.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP