Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pace yourself

I'm one of those all or none kind of people. I either want to mow the entire yard at one time or not at all. Once I start on something I want to complete it. I've been known to sit through really horrible movies and read through really horrible books just so I could finish them. There isn't much that I start that I don't finish (which might be why two uncompleted adoptions weights heavily on me).

In the spring (uh, two weeks ago) when the weather was nice I just didn't have the physical or emotional energy to work on my yard. I was exhausted for a number of reasons, some that I have shared on here, many that I have not. Because of that, I missed the planting and yard prep season. So what did I decide to do? I decided to wait until it is in the 90s to suddenly attack my overgrown weed plot that used to be a garden. In stead of pacing myself over a couple of days, I decided to do it all today. In the 90s. I didn't feel anything but the sweat on my brow and the sun on my neck until I finished. Then I pulled my work gloves off and noticed that I went beyond blistering my skin (I probably blistered two hours ago), I tore the flesh deep into my hand. On both hands where the fingers and palm meet, I am raw. I guess I won't be mowing the grass today...or tomorrow.

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP