Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Updates (not really, but go along for a minute)

Ok, I had someone request to see a pic of the rockin' new haircut.  Well, because mama dearest reads my blog nearly every day (love 'ya Mom!) I have to hold out until she sees it before posting photos.  In our family it is all about the shock value.  Not that it's shocking.  It truly isn't.  So, come Friday evening or Saturday, I will post photos. 

As far as the tattoos go, I'm still taking votes.  My personal preference is of the middle one, but I'm not too keen on the water.  Hopefully my artist could draw up something a bit more tranquil.  To Laura, if that picture were of my behind, you would have seen my crack several inches into the flower.  Yep, mama's short.  And to prudish mom (I know who you are), the reason you are seeing so much skin (and her thong) is because the artist always takes a photo of his finished work.  You should see the one my guy took with my pants pulled low!  Oops, that probably wasn't the best thing to throw out there.  I'm also hoping to have mine shrunk down a bit.  Again, mama's short.  Tattoos would definitely NOT be considered appropriate at my uber-conservative office so I need something that won't peak out from under my clothes too much.  When one of my co-workers learned today that I already had one tattoo, she said "No Way!  But you are such a good girl."  Yes, I am.  A good girl that has always really liked tattoos. 

Back to the second tattoo...I really like the dragonfly.  As I've mentioned several times the dragonfly has always reminded me of my mom's mom.  And each time I go through the adoption process I think a lot of her and I know she would have been thrilled to see how our family grew and changed.  So, the tat with the dragonfly flying off the lotus has another meaning to me. 

I'm also in the process of getting another tat designed.  I have a couple of phrases or promises that have meant something to me over the years.  I'm looking at getting them translated into another language (not Chinese--I've already got my daughter's name tattooed in Chinese or VN) and having them as a daily reminder. 

My appetite is has returned, but I still get queasy around meal time.  The only things I want to eat are carbs, peanut butter, and mozzarella cheese.  Don't ask why, I honestly don't know. 

I'm a little p.o.'d with the USCIS office again.  I submitted my paperwork for an extension of my daughter's 171H.  Some of you may recall the hell I went through earlier this year.  They kept losing things out of my file and it took them four months to finally grant me the 171H.  The same thing happened the first time I submitted, the year prior for my daughter.  And now, once again, they've done it again.  I sent everything to them, my home study agency sent the updated home study.  I received a letter saying they need a home study.  What the heck?  I know they received it in late April/early May.  My 171H expires in mid-July and if I don't get this on the ball by then I will have to meet the new Hague requirements, submit new forms and get more education.   Ugh.  I would love to have a big family someday, but honestly, not if I have to go through that office every time. 

5 comments:

Anonymous June 18, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Erica, we got the same letter (no home study) and I sent them an email and reminded them that they did, indeed, have our home study. They wrote back right away and said they found it. Hope that's the case for you too! -S.

Laura June 18, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

Erica, you actaully made me laugh out loud with the comment about mama being short and a few inches of crack. I don't often actually chuckle out loud while on the computer. Our CIS office is killing me, too. The woman is sooo nice, but so busy and impossible to get a hold of. I'm in I171H limbo right now. I hope you get that worked out soon because it just adds to the stress. I think a tattoo a bit smaller than thong girl's is a good idea. I do like that one, though (just smaller).

Kate June 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

USCIS is unreal!!! Four months? That's crap!

Good luck picking out your tattoo!

Anonymous June 19, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

I'm a good girl who likes tattoos too. I have one on my toe that is visble, but my two others are covered up. I have one on my lower abdomen. That one seemed like a good idea when I was 18, but now that I'm older, bigger, and I got huge stretch marks when I was pregnant with Noah, I'm regretting the placement a bit. I also have a "tramp stamp." Noah saw it a while ago and said, "Mommy picture butt."

Meredith June 19, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Seriously, what have you done to piss off USCIS? :) I hope by the time I'm writing this you've already cleared it up. I'm anxious to see the new do!

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP