Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Saturday!

Evidently I played up the hair too much.  My mom took a look at me yesterday and said "it doesn't seem that much different".  Her only question was if I colored it darker.  Nope, I'm trying to keep my head covered when I am in the sun because it bleaches my hair so bad.  I finally got the last of last summers "highlights" out and I'm back to my natural color.

  IMG_0414 IMG_0413Forgive me, I am horrible at self portraits so I took a picture of myself standing in front of the BR mirror. 

Mom's cancer diagnosis has really forced all of us to look at ways we can improve our health.  My dad is planning on seeing an internist after surgery and has already schedule his, uh, scope.  Because I am the color of bleached flour and have had far more burns at an early age than is really healthy, I had a dermatologist check my skin.  I had a pre-cancerous lesion/mole spotted on my back (and a couple of fishy looking moles on my legs that we are keeping an eye on).  Yesterday I had it removed.  I had no idea that they really dig those suckers out of there.  It was really bleeding so they stuck a couple of stitches in there to shut it up.  I find it amazing that after all the surgeries I have had and the huge scars that have resulted from those surgeries that this is the first time I have had stitches.  I know they used internal dissolvable sutures with many of these surgeries, but I have never once needed staples or sutures to close the wounds.  Even with the big surgery they just glued me shut.  The doctor wanted me to come back in 12 days to have them removed, but I am an RN and I work with other RNs and RNs usually LOVE to pull out stitches.  I'll be asking one of them to pull them out for me.  I told the doctor that I really wanted to do it, but because it's on my back that's kind of impossible.  It's hard enough trying to cleanse it and dress it twice a day. 

No adoption news to share really.  On Wednesday I told you I received a notice from the CIS office that they did NOT have my updated home study.  I contacted my SW's office and they told me I was the second one that week to report the same issue with that issue.  Well, at least it isn't personal.  They are an equal opportunity offender.  Yesterday I checked the mail and found my invite to be fingerprinted.  Generally this office won't even fingerprint unless they have all the paperwork up front.  I don't want to jinx myself, but this might be my easiest one yet.  I have never been fingerprinted in the same month I submitted my request.  So, with two weeks left on my 171H, I'm getting fingerprinted.  Whoo ah! 

Today my sister and niece came down to attend the downtown art display.  Lots of reasonably priced art from a lot of different vendors.  NOT crafts.  I'm not really into crafts, but I would gladly spend my entire paycheck on textiles, pottery and B&W photographs.  I was good this time and just bought a pearl ring--for little over $10! 

This is my niece--just about the cutest thing ever.  People always compliment her on her looks even when she is pitching the ugliest fit.  Crazy girl.   

IMG_0426IMG_0430 IMG_0431 IMG_0435

Ok, the last picture was from the taste of town benefit.  You can sample a lot of different foods from a lot of different restaurants for only $2-3.  My niece has become quite the foodie and wouldn't share her strawberry shortcake.  That's ok...I didn't share my chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream.  Two can play that game. 

2 comments:

Terri June 23, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

Erica,
I love the new hair do!! It fits you well, short and sassy. You go girl!!
Terri

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Love the new 'do! Terri is right: it's sassy! And oh-so-perfect for summer. -S.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP