Sunday, October 26, 2008

An apple a day...

I was too lazy/busy to plant a garden this summer so I missed out on the joys of harvest.  Today a new neighbor stopped by my house and asked if she could pick some apples.  Evidently I have a rather rare type of apple tree and even though the poor tree has not been pruned EVER, she wanted to try a couple of apples.  In addition, she placed some picked apples on my porch.  Honestly, they don't look anything like what you see at Kroger or Marsh.  They were small, really dark and pitted looking but oh my goodness were they good!  They were very firm and slightly tart (my favorite kind!). This is the third fall I have lived in this house and never once have I tried those apples.  What a shame!  I am picturing all the beautiful apple pies, apple butter and apple sauce that is in my future!

2 comments:

Laura October 26, 2008 at 11:31 PM  

You're lucky I don't live near you. I would *totally* come strip (he he he) your apple tree. Apples are one of my favorite fruits and those sound sooo good. Nice of your neighbor to leave a few on your porch!

Kate October 27, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

So funny...my father-in-law just brought over a HUGE box of apples last night. Still sitting on the counter and I'm scanning through the internet trying to find different ways to use apples! Thinking about making apple butter and sauce.

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP