Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm back....in Texas

I am really starting to like it here. It is bright and sunny and the people are wonderful. My flight was great--except for the take off. Evidently the goal is to get to cruising altitude as quickly as possible because it cuts down on gas prices. Oy, I think I left my stomach behind me. Have you ever noticed that the plane gets incredibly quiet during take-off? No one says a word, everyone is quiet, almost reverent. It makes sense, really, it feels like we are defying gravity and possibly God. Maybe we are paying respect (or holding our breaths) by being quiet.

I am staying at a different hotel this time and I don't think I like it. I miss the other people (ok, how lame is it that I know a lot of hotel staff by name?) and they don't have HBO!?! Darn it, I was looking forward to watching True Blood and the other 70 or so channels the other place has. This place only has 20 or so channels. Granted, I don't have cable at home so I only have about 6 channels. No VH1? How am I possibly going to enjoy my workation now? No TNT, TBS or USA? I might as well be at home. Oh well.

2 comments:

Cinnamon October 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

I'm always holding my breath and praying to God during take off.

Laura October 23, 2008 at 1:18 AM  

We've been flying SO much since Mattix came home. I used to hate to fly. Actually, I still don't like it, but I handle it much better, probably a result of being forced to take care of Mattix on the flight, esp. during takeoff and landing, instead of freaking out myself. Anyway, I've noticed that the past few flights have been esp. icky during takeoff. I've felt super queasy and I rarely feel that way. Hmmm...

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP