Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fun with Cheese

I'm not actually lactose intolerant. I am allergic to casein, a milk protein, but the end result is the same. Evidently the Texans put cheese on EVERYTHING...even things mid-westerners don't (hello...we have a lot of cows too, but c'mon, this is crazy). Yesterday afternoon was rough. In addition to the little caffeine issue I am having, they had to heap lots and lots of cheese. Yesterday's lunch was pretty much cheese with a side of lettuce. I can't tell you how hard I squirmed in my seat. Today's lunch was better (but this was after a cheesy breakfast--I just don't understand!), but it was still cheesy. Oy, the pain! All I could think of was the above scene from the movie French Kiss. That is exactly what it is like and I was quite concerned I was going to have to return to the hotel. Fortunately ibuprofen and naprosyn usually help and today I called on both of them. Ugh. NO MORE CHEESE. I guess I will be eating Japanese or Chinese food whenever I can.

Otherwise things are fine. I did discover that Texas has these nasty little biting ants no bigger than a fleck of dust. Wow, did that bugger sting.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should start selling my rain-giving services to people. Every time I visit Dallas they start having terrible thunder storms and tornadoes. Evidently they have been in a drought--less than 12 hours after arriving it starts to storm and the locals are happy. The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago in Georgia. They've had a nasty drought the past year or so. I arrive and within 12 hours they start having torrential rains. Hmmm...I may need to take my little act on the road.

1 comments:

Kelly October 7, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

How long are you in town? You are close to us! Maybe we could meet for lunch or something.

lucyintheskyblog at gmail dot com

Labels

About This Blog

This started as my story, but has evolved to OUR story. This is the story of life as a single parent to a wonderful little boy while we wait for baby sister. China LID 2.12.07.


But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP